Status On My Car's Tune...

Headsex

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 18d

So..

A number of people know of my recent activities @ calder park.. 11.4 @ 121mph.. Put it on the dyno, and it made 330rwkw

So I decided. Lets push this baby.

Filled her up with Shell 100.. And pushed the boost upto approx 17psi on a Street Tune. Ironically I found the timing I was running @ 15psi with 98oct fuel (which made 330rwkw) is very similar to what I ended up with MORE boost!

Here is my "street tuned" dyno sheet (Driven straight onto the rollers)

post-7161-1214302208_thumb.jpg

With a little bit of playing on the dyno, I cleaned up the AFR's. Power remained the same as I did not push any more boost or timing.

Now.. I got bored again today.. So Mario (Autotechnique) allowed me to put it on the dyno.

Mario and Dave pulled a number of jokes out today about the longevity of the engine.. Concrete warentee ETC... Was quite a laugh.. But hard to concentrate..

Approx 3 degree's of timing later this is what we got..

post-7161-1214302285_thumb.jpg

Appart from the little boost dip earilier, it holds a 18psi nicely. I didnt want to bring in the boost too hard... But I failed there.

To those who are wondering.. YES this is a UNOPENED Stock BA Bottom end with the weak rods. I KNOW I AM PUSHING IT VERY HARD. ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!!

But this is a risk I am willing to take.. I have a spare car. I have a spare engine (well, its not built yet.. But it will be going in with a GT42R)

Anyways.. Just some insite on what backyarders can do..

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
Wow well done danny good to see all the hard work is finally paying off for you.

So when we off to calder with this tune?

Last friday is when I had the 378rwkw tune.. I got there.. got the number on the car and all, then they cancelled it.. Since I've paid I'm running this friday!! as long as it dont rain!

• Donating Members
You forgot to add mate, it was done with an auto.

Yes.. Surprisingly 1st to 2nd on slicks is still holding up.. Looks like all the play time at bayswater autos paid off..

Guest dico2020
  • Guests

LOL WITH A DIGRINDER PORTED WASTEGATE?? LOL YOU ARE AN IDIOT! BACKYARD TUNERS CANT TUNE!! ITS GOTTA BE FAKE. YOU HAVE TO CNC PORT A WASTEGATE, OR WE WILL ALL DIEEEEEEEEE.

lol great job danny, living on the edge! thanks for your help today!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 11d

Fark that comes on strong, nice work there you bloody backyard blitzer!

:ifiusethisimafag: :ifiusethisimafag:

good luck on Fri, hopefully its a dry track for all this power, that's potential high 10's there!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 4d

Great work headsex.....looking forward to seeing u there...im sure you'll be running quite a good time with that kw's, also the power your making is through the auto with a convertor, So id say your losing about 20ish rwkw through the drive train with that convertor as well.

Cheers.