Hsv W427 - 7.0 Litre V8, 500hp

abupu

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 9d
I thought it was david richards who owned prodrive?
David Richards owns Prodrive not Walkinshaw :greyscare:
Wasn't Walkinshaw bankrupt only a few years ago....he'd be doing very well to own Prodrive!

Hrmm 'may' have to eat a bit of humble pie....again....I'm still sure he's associated with Prodrive in some way though....

He didnt go bankrupt only the companies he ran went bankrupt....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 1d

when the new HO comes out I wouldnt mind buying one and sittin it in a garage for about 10 years and just watch the value appreciate, even some of the 40TH anniversary Cobras are up for sale for a lot more than they were originally bought for and all they are is a different colour scheme and different badging and sticker upgrade.

Cheif designer at Ford is saying the new GTHO will have to be a completely different package all together and I think the power figure was looking at being easily over the 450hp mark (I know theres a thread on this so dont quote me)

If the Phase III Ho's were anything to go off thenew one is going to be a pretty solid investment

• Every Mod's Favourite Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 18d
If the Phase III Ho's were anything to go off thenew one is going to be a pretty solid investment

I dare say you'd have to wait a little longer than 10 years. I wouldn't compare to the Phase 3 either, as it wasn't the badge that made that a legend. Ford would have to make the new on an absolute corker to give it the same status as the old GTHO phase 3.

I dare say you'd have to wait a little longer than 10 years. I wouldn't compare to the Phase 3 either, as it wasn't the badge that made that a legend. Ford would have to make the new on an absolute corker to give it the same status as the old GTHO phase 3.

Yeh definately true, its gonna be interesting to see if they can step the new one up to the mark that the PhaseIII created in aussie muscle car history

• Member For: 16y 11m 11d

The Ford Phase Falcons of the late sixties early seventies were unique for two fundamental reasons.

1. Ford made essentially a road going race car that anyone so inclined cold buy.

2. The very same cars made racing history dominating the local touring car and general motor sport scene.

Completely different time indeed. So I guess you could say current day Ford Australia have a fair task in front of them to produce a car of similar possibilities.

Edited by Falcon XR-

^ Yeh for sure, they have their work cut out for but just realised how OT this has gone in part thanx to me. the W427... not fussed. In conclusion Ford good Expensive Daewoo bad

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 18d

Bring on the HO.

Isnt the 7litre commonwhore essentually a motor drop and a brake and body upgrade. How can they justify the price of over double the price of a regular HSV. Its got no cred in my opinion. Its like Expensive Daewoo have looked through the motor catalogue and said "Yes we'll have that one. Itll bolt straight in"