Car Change To Evo?

The NUT

• Member For: 17y 10m 24d

if you buy one I have a motec diff controller I could sell to you cheap. only problem with modding them too much is breaking gearboxes and transfer box :laughing:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 3m 4d

There is no doubt Evo is a an brilliant thing, as is an xr6t/f6.

The Evo requires some serious commitment wrt servicing and depending on the model ride.

The torque delivery and style of chassis of the two cars is poles apart, and this detracts from neither experience.

Evo is brilliant, but a very different style of brilliant to xr6t/f6.

Regards,

aa

• Flaccid Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 30d

I moved from my T into the EVO IX.

At the risk of people getting all shirty with me, here's what I think, having owned and driven both as daily drivers and on the track.

Firstly:

people will tell you there's no room in the EVO because it's a small car, well at 6'4 I can guarantee that they're wrong.

there's more than enough headroom in my IX and the VIII you're looking at is pretty much the same car.

The good:

The car handles like nothing else I've ever driven. you brake VERY late and keep breaking into the corner, it keeps the weight

forward and helps it turn in. The car is so very forgiving to hamfistedness or bad driving that even a mong like me can lap hidden valley

in 1'27 (the car is capable of more....I'm not...yet)

It's so much more stable than the T at speed it's not funny, my old BA used to wander a bit at ~200, the Evo's still solid on the road at 260.

and I'm talking NT open limits where I used to sit on these speeds, not a dirty dart up there for 10 seconds....

I have not been gentle with the EVO, but not one thing has broken in 25,000k's of HARD driving, don't dump it at the lights too often and it's all good.

browse my early posts to read about all the drama's with my T...nuff said.

I've got the suspension pack on mine Blistiens and BBS wheels, apart from a bit of road-noise, it's not a bother at all for daily driving.

Sorry guys but it's a proper road-registered race car compared to a hotted up family car. Performance-wise no contest.

Yes a modded T will kill a std evo of the line but now were talking bank-balance racing......

You'd have to spend a packet on a T to keep up with an EVO round the track though.

As for modding, well I've got a 10 year drivetrain factory warranty...No problem, phoned my friendly dealer and he got ralliart to

re-program my ecu and fitted a bigger fuel pump. I'll be getting an exhaust next...this should see 250kw.

warranty? yes sir still covered for 10 years.

there's a multitude of mods available at a reasonable price. You can download an editor (for free) and get a cable, plug your laptop in and do it yourself if you want

(not recommended for the uninitiated)

check out EVOLUTIONOZ the auzzie forum for evo's

oh, resale value is great, my T cost me 55, sold it for 27 3 years later.

My EVO cot me 64, could sell it for 50 tomorrow.

The Bad.

The T was a fabulous cruiser, very comfortable and the torque from the very start you get in a T is pure horn.

Yep interior appointments are basic in the EVO, Ya get climate control air, power windows and mirrors and that's about it...

Don't think you'll use less fuel, you wont, and it's 98 only...a pain out here, I carry a couple of jerry cans.

when you do donuts you destroy 4 tires instead of 2

and...well not many more I can think of.

Would I buy again? Absofunkinglutely

different car the T and the EVO, both excellent at what they are and what they do,

was a vcery close thing for me, I nearly got a phoon, but the ford salesman did such a piss-poor job here I

went to Mitzi and got the EVO...

If I were you, I give the EVO a go, plenty of cheap modded T's out there. if you don't like it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7d

Evo's are great cars and while I never owned one, I've piloted and passengered a few! Ranging from old school GSR's to a reasonably modded 9... Few blokes at work have 8 MR's!

Sixfan pretty much summed it up and I've always found the interiors in Evo's pretty ordinary BUT the Fords (IMHO) arent any better really!

Tend to make good drivers better though. Which can work both ways!

Its like comparing apples and oranges though! One makes lazy, fairly reliable power and makes a good cruiser while one is a like a go kart for the streets!

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 26d
At the risk of people getting all shirty with me.... :blaah:

:riot:

:stickpoke:

:fool:

:greddy2:

Well I couldn't disappoint. :idunno:

Good write-up grasshopper....certainly beats changing turbos every time you fill up! :spoton:

• Member For: 18y 11d

Cheers for the info guys, especially sixfan....

Im mainly trying to figure out how it would be as a daily and how expensive they are for mild mods ie. bang for your buck, also reliability

Also bearing in mind im 22, insurance could be costly......

• Member For: 18y 11d

Well I have looked at Shannons and JustCars and its not too bad as a yearly cost, but the premiums for a claim are redicuous! So if I were to get it I suppose I would have to be VERY careful..... Hmmm :stirthepot: