Car Change To Evo?

The NUT

• Member For: 18y 16d

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get a few opinions from you all.

A friend of mine is currently looking to sell his Mitsubishi Evo VIII which has approx 30,000km's on it, Tein coil over suspension upgrade, Brembo brake upgrade, ECU flash (not sure what system it is but apparently brings power up to approx that of the Jap sec Evo, has not been tuned by a tuner).

Otherwise the car is stock and is in absolutely immaculate condition (he is a serious fanatic), has never been raced etc.

So im entertaining the idea of possibly selling the T and getting this Evo. Does anyone have any opinions for me? Would it be a worthwhile change? Or would it be a car I would grow tired of quickly?

Has anyone/does anyone own one?

He is selling the car at quite a reasonable price, and is only selling it because he currently has the Evo, an Audi RS4 and just ordered the Audi R8, so he decided the Evo might need to go....

Of course by posting this on here im expecting most to say stick with the T but any constructive advise would be much appreciated....

Cheers

Nut

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 18d

Well, if it is going to be your everyday car then I reckon you will get sick of the Tein suspension and lack of off boost torque, not that its that bad, but coming out of a modified T it would be very obvious.

If it is going to be a weekend warrior, it would be tons of fun on a good stretch of road or on motorkhana style events!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 5d

If you can handle the fact you are buying $30-40 grands worth of running gear on a $5 grand shell then I say get the Evo.

Another point is the actual size of the car & the cost it takes to mod the Evo.

Regards

TUFXRT6 :laughing:

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 30d

EVO's f*cking rule mate, with a lil tweakin they can become weapons. It all depends on what you want out of a car.

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 18d
speak to sixfan he went to a evo IX but from memory

Sixfans EVO is so much quicker in every thing compared to my T, bar straight line acceleration.

Evos are so good you can forgive the low rent interior and tinny body.

I would own one, just not as a daily driver.

• Member For: 18y 16d

Cheers for the quick reply's guys!

It will be a daily driver, and the fact that it is basically a $60,000 lancer doesnt really bother me because here in NQ there are very few on the roads and I like the thought of a little more individuality.

Are they very expensive cars to modify further? Nothing too drastic but possibly a few more herbs might be on the cards (few things remain stock dont they?)