Throttle Sticks At Wide Open !

• Team Grandpa Qualified
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 15d

Yeah Jo tried that theory.... in fact first thing I looked at. The mats have a cut out and don't sit under the pedal.... even if slightly sideways.

Cheers.....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 10m 8d

hey mate I had this in mine. happened at 700kms same thing changing from second 2 third with a heavy foot and rev limiters going nuts,put it in2 neutral tapped the pedal come unstuck. happened again just b4 the 3000kms service and told ford about it,they checked it out n said if it happens again they will replace the pedal box. happened like 2 months down the track called my dealer and they replaced the box. helps if u got a great dealer I guess.

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 21d
I'd be far from comfortable with the "if it happens again...." offer :stupid:

that's what I was thinking... I'd probably bitch slap him if he said that to me...

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

I have had the same thing happen to my car. Grab the trottle pedal and try and push it straight up on the pivot shaft. My pedal had slipped down enought to jam on the floor mate. Kicking the cr@p out of the pedal caused it too much back up but i didnt click into the detent.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

Good work Daga McMine :buttonit:

Fordtech and Harasn discuss three different potentiometers in the pedal that supposedly will invoke a fail-safe cutout. So reading that it must be something physical with the throttle boddy....but then you’d think it would sense something wrong and cut spark/fuel wouldn’t ya?

Oh well, hopefully Johnny will have an answer :stupid:

• Team Grandpa Qualified
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 15d

OK... good news - there was no quibble from the guys at Torque Ford - full setup is being replaced on Thursday. They were horified, had a quick look - no obvious glaring problem - and asked for me to be first on the line on Thursday a.m.. :icon_ford: Their thoughts are around potentiometer and kickdown mechanism. Will let you know if more comes to light on the day.

Green - car's been mine all the way... so no previous damage.

Hiddeous - will try that again - but already had a pretty fair shove on it and it *seems* ok.

Dags. What can I say. Many thanks for your hours and hours of searching through various threads useful and not. (Maybe HE"S the one that is able to use the search function.....)

Oh - and Tab - still no sign of the ......

In the meantime - remember - if it sticks on the floor and you're heading into the scenery :fear (5): , neutral is your friend.