Converting My Xr6t To Lpg

• Member For: 19y 3m 10d

:spoton: :hiwelcome: :spoton::spoton::spoton::spoton:

Yours could very well be the most significant technically related posting in a very, very long time.

One imagines it would point to the future mainstream viability of the existing XRT fleet, the nature of the future model releases and quite possibly the future of the entire Australian (built) car fleet.

I think it is now somewhat clearer why Ford and GMH are not falling over themselves for diesel and hybrid.

Regards,

aa

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 12d

After some investigation and on Inducted_Breeze,s documentation my T is booked in at rage on mon I was interested to see the results on the above car as mine is very similar state of tune, the guys at rage eat sleep and s h @ t lpg and im sure that Inducted_Breeze will back this up with some VERY tough lpg powered project drag cars in the build will keep you posted with results as the T was on the door step of being traded :bangcomputer:

so bring on 300= kms to $30 instead of 300ish km for 85bucks :spit:

• Member For: 15y 10m 30d
LPG injection is the way to go nowadays, you might even gain a couple of rwkw!

Gain a couple of rwkw??? Should speak for sure as it would do the opposite. I have seen XT's, XR6's, Futura's, etc, come with LPG from factory ford but no Turbo cars. They are not designed for it and will not do any good.

I see everything in order:

Diesel: Yes its sky high but u get more kms and longer lasting for the car and its all been done with new cars today.

Petrol: Gone up and predicted to rise but its PETROL, quoting the above response, everything relys on petrol from what octance you use, kws, performance and every car today is built for it, etc...

LPG: Cheap as Chips, nah not really, and everything seems to rise as one follows.

----> ELECTRIC CAR(TOYOTA): Should it be the Hybrid Car??? I believe so. cos this is the next generation of our future cars. It will leave the diesel, pertol and LPG behind. Lots to say but wanna keep it short, According to conducted search, experiments, They have made and built electric cars faster than cars at present (YES, INCLUDES FERRARI'S). So I'll leave the rest for you guys to think about???

I just dont believe its the smartest idea of all. But good luck with whoever decides to go ahead with. If petrol was at $3.00ltr, it still wont stop me from anything. Love my Fords and with it all the way!

post-15719-1215702228_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 19y 2m 1d
so bring on 300= kms to $30 instead of 300ish km for 85bucks :tonguepoke:

I'm very interested in your results... I can't find anyone in sydney that can tune not standard XR6 Turbo cars on GAS.Any one in sydney do performance car's on LPG ?

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 11d

3K back and out of pocket 1800 bucks it'd pay for itself in nearly a year. :spoton: Shame the Vic gov doesnt do the same rebate.... :tonguepoke:

And a shame they havent developed the gauges any further than what they were way back in the 90's, you'd reckon someone would have made a halfway decent looking one by now....

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 29d

The install by RAGE looks excellent..

How's the install going IB? Still happy?

ABout the only two things I could be picky about with your fit are the small 40L useable tank, and the placement/style of the gauge unit..

Overall, great install!!

• Member For: 16y 12d

ive just got mine back from RAGE aswell same system

mine has a different tank APA took 52 litres from dead empty

the tune in the factory (custom tuned) ecu was a bit lean so im getting the capa tuned in conjuntion with the gas ecu

fitting a rapid cooler and a magna flow3 inch cat first

the car is same as petrol to drive and is faultless in starting and performance at the moment can be driven to about 5psi and it fells strong

I have only done 70kms though, so will have done about 300 by the end of weekend oh the joy of leaving bp without giving them a 90buck donation