• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 15d

No snowies this year? :verysad:

I just logged in to check exactly this! I guess not. :crying:

Edited by HER-XRT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 1d

There is a Xmas cruise on one of the fb pages, if administration let me I can post here. If they don't I'm sure you will find out some way.

Starting in the Dandenong's going the back way to Phillip Island raceway. Nov 30th

• 2 weeks later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

No snowies this year? :verysad:

I guess Gary has gone missing in some form for a while and hasn't organised it... should send him a message? My car still isn't on the road :( but I'd still be keen to go on a cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 17d

Hey guys and gals - yeah sorry about that. Work - tell you what. But gotta pay the bills. What are your thoughts. It's a bit late to do the Snowies now as it's a reasonable outlay for the 3 days and some people usually need to give a lot of advance warning to their work to take the Fri and optionally the Mon off. So I was thinking of doing something in Feb or Mar next year that would have been what I was planning for the Snowies cruise (thinking weekend of Mar 20-23). it was going to start like a Snowies cruise but finish up in VIC alpines and take in the newly surfaced road through Mitta Mitta (which I plan to check out before then - but I drove the dirt section when I had the *cough* all terrain *cough* company car and it was gooood :nod:

RACV Royal Auto July 2014 - page 13

"The two remaining dirt sections of the Omeo Hwy, between the Bogong High Plains Rd and Mitta Mitta, have (just) been surfaced." :bliss:

Your thoughts? :drivingalong:

For Chrissy - was thinking about something a bit closer to home on a Sun either Dec 7 or Dec 14. I've always liked the Eildon back road cruise. Perhaps fit in a BBQ somewhere about lunchtime? Thoughts on this as well? :beerchug:

• Like 4

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

Welcome back, Gary! :)

I know how you feel with regard to work...

I'd love to be able to say I could come on any of those but I don't have a car...

I think the best bet to attract attention is to join some Facebook groups (if you have Facebook) and advertise your newly created thread on here to generate some interest! I know plenty of people would be keen to go on a cruise.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 15d

I'm up for all of the above - and the March dates work for me - No V8 Supercars on that weekend! :girlhaha:

Oh...and welcome back Gary. We've missed you!