338kw Ute

Josh636

• Member For: 16y 6m 16d

Got the ute dynoed yesterday 338kw on 12.5psi.

mods are

rapid cooler kit

diflipo exhaust 4inc dump - 3.5- twin 2.5

60lb injectors

ported wastegate 12lb actutor

pretty nuts on the street now....

Good to see its all tuned and performing well now mate.

Good result, who tuned it?

K&M in mount isa, he said he had trouble with tryin to make it boost any more than 12.5.

made 317kw on 11psi and 338kw on 12.5psi, on the street it boost to about 15psi on cold nights. that's with the wategate feed straight from the turbo.

did a 13.300 at 108mph at townsville. 6 speed manual, also did a 111mph. on the cold nights and boosting upto 14-15psi the clutch is sliping in 3rd and 4th so probably making a bit more power than on the dyno.

another guy up here has a bf ute with 319kw with just a capa cooler and injectors and punched cat, he was running 13.5s at the strip too.

the tuner said my inlet temps were the best he has seen on his dyno. think they were around 45deg run after run. another ute with stock cooler makin 275kw was round the 65degs

Edited by Josh636

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m

I wonder why he can't get boost to go higher.

Yeah alot of poeple have told me their air temps have been very low with this intercooler, just shows that it works extremely well.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 12d

my guess is that the wastegate should be hooked up to the boost solenoid, rather than the turbo directly - doesn't this mean its only gonna boost to 12psi on a 12psi actuator?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m

Yeah that's it, if the solenoid isnt conected, then the tuner can't control boost via Edit... max boost will be whatever the actcuator is, 12psi in this case.

Did the tuner conect up the solenoid? Or just tune without it?

Yeah that's it, if the solenoid isnt conected, then the tuner can't control boost via Edit... max boost will be whatever the actcuator is, 12psi in this case.

Did the tuner conect up the solenoid? Or just tune without it?

yeah he had it hooked up when it was tuned, I have a boost controller hooked up now. lowest boost I can run is about 13psi, with the 12lb actuator, the actuator is a 10psi one I think anyways cos the tuner said he was watchin it and it was starting to open at about 9-10psi. if its a cold night then then the lowest boost is up around the 14-14.5psi mark. more power more exhaust gases so over boost.