04 Ba Xr6 T Idling Issue

Troy.lone

• Member For: 16y 30d

I recently brought 04 BA XR6 T 5-speed manual, which had 100K on board. On test drive car did alright, though it is my first turbo car, except the clutch felt hard.

Since then I have done 100K service, changed every filter and oil in it. Clutch became normal and everything was going great.

It has started a snag, the RPM on idling goes anywhere from 200 - 1500 and I can hear some engine noise like rattling of metal, and lately engine stops as trying to slow down.

I got dyno-test done on it, results showed perfect air to fuel ration and no technical issues and was producing 279 HP at the wheels.

I also took it to the other mechanic and said about the idling, they tested and said it is fine. I use BP Ultimate fuel all the time (98 Octane)

Can anyone please suggest anything, is it normal for a turbo car or my car has got some serious issues. I love XR6 Turbo and want to keep it.

Any help will be appreciated.

• Member For: 15y 11m 24d

Sounds to me like you have some sort of issue with the throttle body (poss. dirty) & the noise you are hearing is the drive belt tensioner whipping back & forth when the idle drops.

Does the engine check light come on at all?

• Damn You's A Sexy Chich
  • Member For: 16y 2m 3d

I'd say throttle body as well, had the same problem a while ago with my n/a falcon, and after a lot of searching for the problem that was all it was...

• Member For: 16y 30d
Sounds to me like you have some sort of issue with the throttle body (poss. dirty) & the noise you are hearing is the drive belt tensioner whipping back & forth when the idle drops.

Does the engine check light come on at all?

I changed the idler bearing and got the timing done, even treated it with the Fuel injection sytem...but doens't seem to work

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

Mine does the same thing, slowing down to the lights occasionally it dips down to like 200rpm then back up to normal.