Group Buy: Walbro Gss-340 Fuel Pump - $150 plus $15 postage including fitting kit

straughsberry

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d
[quote name='ENVY-T' post='669825' date='May 3 2008, 10:12 PM']Nup. No retune required.[/quote]
I disagree...
If the pump has a higher pressure then you'll find that the car will run richer.

• Member For: 15y 11m 15d
[quote name='TORN8O' post='670033' date='May 4 2008, 07:03 AM']The group buy will close on the 17th April ......... its now MAY!![/quote]

yes.. its now may??? did u mean 17th may? :):):)

• Member For: 19y 8m 14d
[quote name='Adam' post='670065' date='May 4 2008, 10:41 AM']I disagree...
If the pump has a higher pressure then you'll find that the car will run richer.[/quote]

richer I can deal with as long as its not like going from standard injectors to 60lb injectors :)

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 22d
if the injectors are still scaled the same they are only gonna squirt that much fuel whether the pressure is up or not, the new pump doesn't do away with the fuel reg. or anything like that :roflmbo:

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d
The injectors don't measure the amount of fuel. They are open for aslong as they are told to be.
More fuel will be injected at a higher pressure over the same period of time compared to a lower pressure.

Pat, your comment on the reg proves my point...
It raises fuel pressure as boost pressure rises to allow more fuel to be injected in the short time available due to increasing RPM.

When i fitted a Walbro pump to my old ute the AFR's went from 12's to 10's.

A retune to me is any change to the tune. It wouldn't need a [i]complete[/i] retune. But will require adjusting.

That's how i understand it anyway. :roflmbo:

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d
Firstly you had 968's not stockies, right? As I have experienced in the past 2 days, when the pump is not up to the task, it affects the way the injectors need to be scaled. My current BOOGER pump is not up to it, and the dekas are scaled much richer than any other deka car that hedcase has tuned. If I change my pump, I will flood the poor bastard, as you would have experienced with a faulty stock pump and 968's.

The fuel pump supplies at a given rate, the pressure is controlled by the fuel reg, right?

Note that also when running STOCK injectors they are scaled properly from factory, now given that the stock injectors still have some flow left in them but the fuel pump is not up to the task the car will obviously run leaner than the mixtures you are commanding with edit. Thus by returning the fuel pressure back to what the regulator will let it be and having a little headroom left in the injector flow by replacing a pump that can keep the pressure that the fuel reg wants it to the mixtures should read out what you have commanded, providing the injector scaling is not touched. Althouh it would be advisable that you at least get the mixtures checked with a wide open lambda meter just for saftety's sake.

• 100,000Ks and still going strong.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 15d
rub out the pencil and use a pen. will on the 16th maybe before see how the wallet looks after my trip t Melbourne.