Mph Vs Rwkw List

JP300

• Member For: 17y 2m 22d

yeah that's what I noticed too... the auto graphs are in line but the manual ones are way outa whack. I guess the auto takes the driver out of the equation...

but as the auto graphs are in line, that means that most people are getting the power they think they have. The conditions of the day they ran, summer or winter, and the tyres they ran probably account for most of the variance.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 10d

That is right, the auto does "automate" the process of getting down the quarter but a lot of people (like me) like to shift manually to control the shift points and also allow for a quick response in case of a traction issue.

I do not think that track conditions or tyres effect the MPH as much as temperature on the day.

I cannot wait to get into a manual again and start running down the quarter. I can really respect the guys with high powered cars who are trying to put it to the ground and get a god ET although the MPH numbers I would have thought should have been consistent across all transmissions compared the the power levels.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 20d

was out at willowbank last saturday night and best mph was 121.88

worst mph of the night was 119 and out of 8 passes 6 of them were at 120mph.

car is making 319rwkw and has a beefed up kewish auto with a 2800rpm stall convertor.

having an issue atm with a torque limit shutting the throttle body just as it comes onto boost.

might be a couple more mph in that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...