Mph Vs Rwkw List

JP300

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 22d

With these cars it has nothing to do with BOV it's the electronic throttle side of things that are lacking between changes it's hard to believe until you drive a manual. if you could run a throttle cable instead of fly by wire that would eliminate most of the issues. no matter how you change whether you flat change without taking your foot off the computer still closes the butterfly and being an electric motor they are not fast to go back to full throttle, they lag heaps through gear change which is dramatically letting there times down

• Member For: 18y 1m 2d

MYWPN is 100 percent correct. I could not flat change my BF and you would notice that there was a boost drop during the gear change. Torque management which is also done to the autos to protect the gearbox and stop the engine from OVERBOOSTING during the shift. I will assume in the manual it's done to protect the fragile clutch and prevent overboost on the factory tune.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 16d

I know the ZF 6spd autos can get a bit fragile when the torque tags are removed - but we are talking about alot of torque - and the ZF is realtively new with very little in the way of upgrades to my knowledge, people change the clutch packs, but I don't beleive there is a larger stall available either

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 4m 8d
ok if its a torque management issue, why is it not eliminated from the tune? or is just not "worked out" yet?

this issue seems to rob mph.

It can, but it also doesn't need it.

I had no issues with any kind of torque management or boost loss during gear change.

I also ran 11.87 @ 115mph with this 'mythical' throttle butterfly issue.

It's a hoax/Suburban myth is you will, the boys just aint changing gear quick enough..

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 16d

I gotta agree that I didn't have any off-boost issues when running my car, I was just struggling to get a good 60' time with street tyres, 2.0 was my best just before my clutch packed it in

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 22d
It can, but it also doesn't need it.

I had no issues with any kind of torque management or boost loss during gear change.

I also ran 11.87 @ 115mph with this 'mythical' throttle butterfly issue.

It's a hoax/Suburban myth is you will, the boys just aint changing gear quick enough..

my brother has a manual and I have dragged many manuals in my time and flat changing it with the throttle flat it still loses boost!

we have dragged the manual versus auto and I can get a car jump in an auto every gear change of any xr6 turbo manual I have raced.

Edited by MYWPN