Premium Sound Icc And Dvd Head Unit Install

Azid Rush

• Donating doesnt allow you to be an idiot!
  • Member For: 17y 2m 2d

yeh tom mate I got last yrs model JVC head unit for $298 I talked them down too. Has ipod aux connection in back, giga mp3 and all the usual mp3 and dvd options. Much cheaper. I mean how often do u use 6stack anyway?

and you already have the premo icc so its quite a cheap top upgrade

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 9m 26d

glad you got it done with no probs az, one thing though I highly recomend you ditch the aux cable and hard wire the jvc to the speakers, that's what ive done and the increase in sound quality is amazing, I know have more bass and volume with just 4 boston 5x7s then I did with the bostins and a jaycar 8 with the icc, deffinately worth losing the steering controls for, especially if your jvc has a remote anyway.

maybe

sound through the aux is awesome though mate you would be surprised ay sound is so crisp it sounds better than what it did before. really good bass and its only with the stock speakers too

• Member For: 16y 8m 22d
Much cheaper. I mean how often do u use 6stack anyway?

yeah its definately the option I'l be looking at instead of replacing the current stacker

although the audio is down the list of priorities ATM

• Member For: 21y 3m 17d
well I have heard that dvd head unit gives off much better sound quality and easier functionality then carputer but I suppose its a personal decision.

prices depend on whether you need the premium icc or just the head deck.

Prices without ICC was approx as follows:

Head Unit - $300

3.5mm - rcas cable - $18

RGB Converter - $300 from aus, $150 from overseas

that's pretty much it. If you already have the premium icc, then it is really a cheap upgrade

I have used the overseas version of the RGB box, comes as a circuit board , I mounted mine in a Dick Smith project box.

BEWARE 2 of the 3 French RGB box`s that have been used by other users on this forum,including mine the red wire was negative and black wire positive. The RGB board has reverse polarity protection but the ICC doesnt. I blew my ICC up.

Also if the dvd player is set to PAL by default it is virtually impossoble to watch the screen as it quickly scrolls top to bottom. set up a portable tv to NTSC then change the dvd unit to NTSC, before unplugging the tv and reconnecting the ICC screen.

• Member For: 16y 3m 9d
BEWARE 2 of the 3 French RGB box`s that have been used by other users on this forum,including mine the red wire was negative and black wire positive. The RGB board has reverse polarity protection but the ICC doesnt. I blew my ICC up.

Nasty!

Euro DIN standard for 12vdc-24vdc wiring is Black = positive, Brown normally = negative. The black positive tricks a lot of people.

I got mine from ferntree gully auto salvage. Dont like giving him business as I think hes a pretty big rip off on a lot of products.

He had some on ebay, and I messaged him and told him how ive been a member of fordmods and ff.com.au for a long time and he gave me it for the starting bid which was $750 + $40 postage so $790.

He also had 6 stack for $850 + postage but I didnt think I needed to pay an extra $100 for 6 stack when im gonna be using dvds and giga mp3 anyways

• 4 weeks later...