The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Fluff, Structures have to be a certain distance from the boundary.. Typically it's 1.0-3.0 depending on the face. You could check that with your council..

Shy/Freaky, With fences if it well and truly needs replacing you can hassle your neighbors through the council, but they are only obliged to pay half the price of whatever the standard fence in the area is.. Usually in older suburbs that's 3.5' chain wire.. So if you wanna go put up a 6' picket fence or something they may only have to pay 1/10 of the cost.. Odd to hear a council paying.. Council will usually write a letter on your behalf but it can often end up in small claims..

Not 1m off the boundary down here, a lot of garages are hard up against each other. Brick on brick. They can't be further out than the house next to it though.

Your an engineer yea? We have so many dramas with engineers drawings calling for us to undermine the neighbors garage, which is a no no. Just more dramas...

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d

Not 1m off the boundary down here, a lot of garages are hard up against each other. Brick on brick. They can't be further out than the house next to it though.

Your an engineer yea? We have so many dramas with engineers drawings calling for us to undermine the neighbors garage, which is a no no. Just more dramas...

Haha wow..

I guess every state is different.. Alot of people build on boundaries in Qld but it's usually breaking a few laws.. I'd never specify anything that involved modifying anything outside the property boundary though.. Let alone the neighbors slab.. Maybe a few pieces of reo if the slabs were flush against each other..

Engineering is full of dodgey bastards.. But we've all done dodgey things to get a job done..

Except me.. Never anything at all dodgey..