The Off Topic Thread.

Is he the gumbiment?

16 hours ago, biddie_fiddler said:
The awd system is extremely forgiving

I concur
Mrs BCB has owned 2 outbacks, currently driving an 08 one we bought new
Heaps of fun on a gravel road
Turns even an old fart like me into a WRC driver

I was following her in a V8 RWD in the rain once, we were stopped at a red light turning right
She took off at the green and just drove around the corner like it was dry
I got all seriously sideways just trying to keep up

Is this a good car? And price?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-ford-falcon-xr6-turbo-bf-mk-ii-auto/SSE-AD-6823368?gts=SSE-AD-6823368>ssaleid=SSE-AD-6823368&pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-6823368

I really like it and need a new car

What's a difference driveline and engine wise for the 2007 bf mk2 and fg turbo models

That’s a bloody good buy, it’s basically a FG as Keith has said, BF Mk2 with inserts is literally the last of them, it’s exactly what the wife had 10 years ago ! 

I really like the BF 2 as an all rounder as it’s arguably the best look and interior is very nice for what it was 

Snap it up mate !

PISS OFF I WANT IT!!!! 

#nostalgia!!!! 

that’s exactly what I’ve been looking for, not even kidding. 
j@ if you don’t let me buy it then you don’t love me! 

haha bit jelly, it appears. it's a good car, but not the best price available for that sort if you're patient. Can buy 3 BA XR6T's for that price :P

morning all, happy Sunday :playball:

8 hours ago, JETURBO said:

That’s a bloody good buy, it’s basically a FG as Keith has said, BF Mk2 with inserts is literally the last of them, it’s exactly what the wife had 10 years ago ! 

I really like the BF 2 as an all rounder as it’s arguably the best look and interior is very nice for what it was 

Snap it up mate !

I'm serious, I don't want to waste money on it. Is it the same zf 6 speed as the fg? What about the engine? Why does it look like the old barra if it's the same as the FG? I really like the look of it and am seriously thinking of buying it. I just don't want to buy a overpriced  sh*tty xr6 turbo

yes, it's the same ZF... a ZF 6HP26 to be specific.

It's the "stronger rods" engine, so yeah, roughly the same as FG except a few minor differences but none you'd consider as "strength of driveline" issues.

we all know what a good one is worth, but it usually requires in-person inspection to figure out whether it's worth buying.. you can always doll-up a car for an advert... also redbook is good for giving you an idea of what you should offer as something that the seller might consider is reasonable.

Corona tax. What's the car im looking at really worth. If the car I'm looking at in really good condition is it worth 19k? I don't know what BF mk2 s are worth.

Where that rich guy @arronm doesn't he have BF's

cars are only worth what people are willing to pay, like most things. Just offer what you think it's worth (minus a bit) and then work your way up to what you actually think it's worth or maybe give a little ground on that... simple enough