KEN 24T

The Off Topic Thread.

Why would you want to disable the EGR? You should do some research on why it's there ( it's not only emissions) 
To stop sludge build up, and eliminate the risk of the cooler splitting and dumping coolant into my intake.

Yeah I read a little about its effect on combustion temperature. Hence I can do my own testing by simply unplugging the sensor in 5 seconds

EGR's were originaly used to lower combustion temps to save valves from burning out. It doesn't operate under power so there is no performance difference, by adding a "inert filler" into the intake charge you will see a marked improvement in economy (if they added just air it would run lean at cruise leading to an increase in NOX emmissions and lets face it- do you want to be responsible for the death of all those koalas? ) I think the EGR's heat exchangers are a consumable item like our ZF heat exchangers

On 10/10/2019 at 4:55 AM, 4321 said:

Why would you want to disable the EGR? You should do some research on why it's there ( it's not only emissions) 

🤦‍♂️

I know it's been asked and it's pretty much illegal.
Race seats or similar in an FG, doable?

Stock is bloody terrible with the crap foams and f all support.

About 4 years ago I got a reclining Bride replica off ebay and made up some brackets to suit stock sliders to keep electric adjustment.

Massive improvement in feel even with 100% stock suspension back then.

Had to pull it out eventually cos apparently it was made for 14yr old Asians with no shoulders to speak of, and couldn't sit back in the seat, anything more than a 10min trip was torture

Still got it in the garage...

Get a seat and I can make you some brackets piece of piss ;)