The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 21d

The launch was awesome!!! Not as good as the spacex launches imho but I may be biased towards spacex lol.

Happy new years all!! Hope you all had a great Christmas! Been away for some time over the christmas break, back to work on the 4th sadly 😞 

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 21d

Morning @k31th!

Been shopping around for an engagement party venue this week. Turns out this is quite an expensive thing to do lol.

We found a place that we've actually been to quite a few times, not realising they have facilities for private functions! Also turns out to be one of the cheapest places we've found so far, AND its right on the beach! Checking it out after work today :) 

• Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

Yep.... super expensive! Friend of mine is a wedding planner and you can’t get much for under $100k anymore 😬

10 years ago, this year, j@ and I ran away and got hitched... I was asked the other day by a colleague about it and my answer was that not a day goes by that I regret running away and not having a proper wedding.

Spent the money on a house and getting financially ahead instead, which greatly assisted in our achievements to date, including 2022 being the year of buying the XY 😝 (that’s a bucket list thing for sure). 

For me, despite how I might come across on the inter webs, I am fairly shy and still hate the thought of everyone watching me walk down an isle etc. It’s always been something I never understood, a private moment sharing your love, which you need to share with 300 people? (I’ve been to a lot of family wog weddings so I’m probably tainted tbh) and most of the big weddings have since ended in divorce and the expensive wedding photos are used as tinder for a camp fire 😂

Saying that I know some of my girlfriends would die if they never had their wedding photos to look back on etc...and some of the moments they have experienced at their weddings are priceless... so each to their own 🥰 

• Like 1