The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

you'll probably have excess fuel pressure and run rich, but no big deal realistically except for potential rich-running effects on your catalytic converter.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

Yea my logic was the car will run rich for a few weeks. Not good on the converter but I have a new one going in soon. Plus I've done a crap tonne of intake modifications that probably made it run lean as, battery relo and intake, bigger piping and IC. Maybe the 255 has levelled it all out again 🤣

Cheers for clearing it up though, I think people are thinking I've put a 460 in, I didn't clarify what sized pump I installed 🤷‍♂️🤣

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 7d

255 is fine - the stock fuel pressure reg can handle that no worries mate.

Even those other mods won't make much difference - they will give you more capacity to make power when it is tuned, but won't create problems before your tune (as opposed to other mods like injectors or significant exhaust changes).

Installing a bigger intercooler is a bit like driving in winter vs summer - you air temps will be lower but well within the range your PCM and sensors and designed to adjust for anyway.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Yeah nah yerp she'll be right

A 255 will do frig all to how the car drives except that it won't run out of fuel after a certain amount of boost pressure.

Anyone who says you can't drive your car with it installed doesn't know their arse from a hole in the ground.

• Haha 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

Happy new year @k31th and everyone else! 

2020 may have been sh*te but it was the year that I finally got involved in the forums. Y'all a bunch of awesome lads and lasses!!

Cheers all for the help and advice through 2020, can't wait to annoy everyone with more questions in 2021 🤣🤣🍻