The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d

In a nutshell yeah. Joolya 'simplified' it a few years back and now it's just confusing as fck.

Personal (sick) leave generally accumulates indefinitely, but other types of personal leave (I.e. carers, grievance etc.) do not.

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 17d

Depends on the company. Some will pay you out your sick days if you haven't used them, moreso as a "thankyou for not taking free paid days off" sort of thing.

Most companies wont, and if you don't use your 10 a year, too bad.

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 24d

some like Rio Tinto and Xstrata you get unlimited sick days

dunno what deal with current employer is, taken 2 days off sick in 9 months . . . but I was in hospital for them

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m

I get 15 a year (NSW Government) and I've taken 1 since I started working. They just keep rolling over. As far as I know, we don't get them paid out but we do get Annual Leave paid out if we accumulate more than 40 days and don't organise to take it over the next Christmas Holiday period.

My grandfather worked in the NSW Police and ICAC for his entire working life once he graduated from the Police Academy. He left with almost 3 years worth of sick leave accumulated and was being paid full pay for 2.5 years after he stopped working because of all the accumulated annual leave and long service leave he had accumulated and never taken as well as some of the sick leave (he left because he has a heart condition and they ended up giving him a pacemaker).