The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

ahh yes, I'd imagine driving into where your house is (I assume) would be a dirt road and it's easy to wash the dirt off each time you park it... I love having a garage now and I haven't washed my car for 3 weeks as I've managed to drive it when it hasn't been raining for at least 2 of those weeks haha

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

Haha nah man it's worse/better than that. I should have taken a photo the other day pre-wash. I'm driving my na territory after some repairs and put it like this, no light would have came out of the headlights, the entire bonnet was brown, several times the windscreen was not able to be seen out of, mud had lined the door seals so you had to leap out of the car to avoid a mud leg and over 10kg of clay mud came out from under the guards...after the 18km trip home.

My house is on a main road and it was repaved to drag strip slickness aka perfection recently. The kids school however has a dry weather only road leading to it that is a significant shortcut. I turn of TC and ESC or whatever the territories have and farken send it, sensibly of course to avoid road damage and mainly to avoid getting bogged :roflmbo:

#awdlyfe

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

yeah, I remember you had a shortcut but it's a dirt/mud road haha still, good stuff on cleaning it quickly :) one thing that annoys me about mud-crawlers is they leave tons of mud everywhere and I don't want to drive my recently cleaned car over it as some of it is inevitable to end up on the guards...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

Yeah there is a lot of mud in the front yard now, after a weeks worth of cleaning.

The annoying thing, apart from the relentless cleaning, is it puts the wheels out of balance. And yeah it makes a mess everywhere.

Good news is suburban sprawl will have this road paved within 12 months, so should only be a short term thing.