The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d

well, facebook has, basically everybody... of course you'll get some bad eggs... and the fact it's hard to track bad comments back to people etc like you can in a forum so people post garbage, somewhat often. There's plenty of good people but they're usually reading, not posting. Forums is mostly the same but other than the "easy to moderate" sort of thing, it's full of great people who post :) So just hang around here if you wish, we won't scare you away too bad :P

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d

on forums? I'm sure that happened reasonably often, but basically doesn't happen anymore :) forums are just too inconvenient for most, until it actually contains the information they actually want, of course.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 19d
20 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Overheard a conversation about Bulldogs today, lady said she was asking 6k but will be happy to take 5k.

Sounds like easy money :rolleyes:

We will be getting a frenchie hopefully next year. Budgeting 6k for them farckers. They are not cheap 🤣

10 hours ago, The Unforgiven said:

How in the hell did Facebook car groups render forum / message boards redundant?

Unfortunately forums are "old news". Platforms like FB took over because it was a new, and arguably easier platform to communicate. A lot of the "soul" of a forum has been lost in the process. But nothing lasts forever. This forum won't either. We'd like it to, obviously, but this forum costs money. Running a group or page on FB is free. No running costs, no maintenance, no hassle. Still, I'd choose forums over fb any time of the day :) 

2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

New comers would just leave to the bad attitude of other members.

This still happens now. Forums still have this hierarchical form of members. The "OG" members will always believe they have more power over the new members. Its really obvious to see in forums. I see it more in engineering based forums and coding forums especially. FB has this too, but no where near as bad.

EDIT

@k31th I got a bunch of email notifications for the OT thread last night, I think you're on the way to fixing it? Good stuff! :) 

Edited by biddie_fiddler
Forum getting fixed?

• Member For: 17y 1m 25d
2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Yerp. Random question, how can you be fat and have abs at the same time? I suppose Eddy Hall is like that lol :nudie:

You could be like the ex-Mayor of Geelong, Darryn Lyons, and have surgery.6a329bb65de80e867f871555d0ac86bf.jpeg.fba401aa95e8afe575a56cb7e8cd2fdd.jpeg