The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Member For: 14y 6m 3d

Yep, what's worse is the night before I took the dashcam out as it was getting in my way putting a new dash mat in, with all the wires hanging down, so when it all happened I didn't get the plate as I was trying to get over to the left without hitting anyone.

At least dealing with the RAC was nice and straight forward.

Yeah but as everyone said, the car was really well looked after and most of the stuff I've seen of the same age or younger is a bit meh to say the least.

I also looked at other options, such as Chrysler 300C's but then I looked at problems they have and thought it best to stick to Falcon's, plus you can't get better performance out of just about anything else, like you can with Turbo Falcon's.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Anything with a turbo can make for a fast ride, just most of the good cars don't come with one from factory. Turbo Honda, turbo LS and turbo Barra are the best ones for low budget builds.

Could be time for a newer Falcon maybe?

Well with the COVID tax, it goes from mid 20's-30's and then jumps up to mid 40's and most of the advertised cars in that price range are stock.

Most don't say after they hit 22K's whether they've done the timing chain either, which is a cost I don't want to do again if I can help it. I would prefer to put that money back into mods.

Whatever happens, the first thing I will be doing is taking it to Rob for a service and if it comes tuned and with stuff done to it, have him re-tune it so he knows it's at least got a safe tune before anything else gets done to it.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Make sure you can buy it back, take the mods out, return it to stock and sell it on. Then put the mods in a new falcon. :)