The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

All good guys :) as long as the repair is done well I'll be happy... front-bar was full of stone chips being an 18 year old car, so a respray isn't the worst outcome.

• Like 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 18d
9 hours ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

She’s the goodest of all the doggos ❤️

Hello Fluff ❤️

is Fly a border collie ?

Edited by bloodycrashboy

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

I honestly cannot recommend a BC highly enough... 

I fully understand we are city dwellers, but I got her for a running buddy and immediately she was like a piece of furniture in the family. She’s the most affectionate and loving pup.

So clever (our trainer said there is a list of dogs from smartest to dumbest... then there’s a whole new book for the BC). 
Within the first week she was training well and even rolling over, as an 11 week old that’s pretty cool. Definitely needs stimulation... not so much physical but mental... she thrives on challenges and agility... but refuses to fetch a ball (trainer thinks she’s too smart for it and therefore has no interest maybe🤷🏼‍♀️)

To add to the weight of it, we have about 9 BCs between myself and my colleagues (we have work dog days where we take our pups to work)... and every single person reports the same thing, in fact several have multiples because they loved their first one so much they needed a second. 
On these days everyone’s dogs are running around the office causing havoc half the time, but all the BCs are just off leash sitting by their owners desk. 

As long as you invest time into training, and plenty of loves (fly is legit the most affectionate dog I’ve ever met, even spooned j@ to sleep and he didn’t even want a dog LOL), then they’ll be your best buddies for life... and given the big space you have for them to run, they’d love it. 

Just my experience. 

Edited by Mrs Jeturbo
  • Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d
10 minutes ago, bloodycrashboy said:

sister inlaw said that boarder collies even protect the chickens 👍

Dogs will do whatever you train them to do, within reason, of course.

• Like 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 18d

one of my workmates has one 

hes a fitness guru

his dog loves to train (run) with him

both me and Mrs BCB are animal lovers but definately cat people

I do have a slight dilike of dogs, I find its not the dogs fault, its the pathetic owners who probably shouldnt even have one

example, taking my cat to the vet

hes in a cage that Im holding

dog owner comes in..............

dog proceeds to jump up on me with front paws,....

owner of dog.. "oh look, (insert dog name here) loves you , isnt that nice" .....

if looks could kill said dog owner just died

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d
20 minutes ago, bloodycrashboy said:

one of my workmates has one 

hes a fitness guru

his dog loves to train (run) with him

both me and Mrs BCB are animal lovers but definately cat people

I do have a slight dilike of dogs, I find its not the dogs fault, its the pathetic owners who probably shouldnt even have one

example, taking my cat to the vet

hes in a cage that Im holding

dog owner comes in..............

dog proceeds to jump up on me with front paws,....

owner of dog.. "oh look, (insert dog name here) loves you , isnt that nice" .....

if looks could kill said dog owner just died

I cannot refute that statement to a great degree ... the reason being the recent evidence that said “dog people” have provided on my interactions with them recently. 

I bought my dog for it’s life cycle, in fact, the puppyness (whilst admittedly adorable) is my least favourite part of the dog lifecycle. 
However, the constant gushes from morons (who always mention their dogs in the brief interaction) who feel compelled to come up and allow/encourage your puppy (unprompted) to jump all over them and lick them etc... gets freaking tiresome real quick!!! 

I’m trying to teach my dog the right social etiquette so she’s not “that dog” and you’re undoing it all by (without permission) forcing yourself onto my dog and making them misbehave essentially. 

In fact,  the two times I’ve been asked “hi, may I pat your pup” I nearly fell over... as it seems, just like with pregnant bellies, morons feel they’re public property for the touching! 

• Like 1