The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 27d
3 minutes ago, k31th said:

they've removed the product from sale

Its not on their site at all.....

Its been an item on my bucket list for the car since I heard of their release. Heard some people having issues here and there, same goes for other ecu brands so I'm not concerned.

I am concerned that its completely disappeared from their site, though 🤣

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

the stock ECU is fine for 99%+ of people anyway... the haltech plugin is just an expensive "ease of tuning" option, realistically.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 27d
1 hour ago, k31th said:

the stock ECU is fine for 99%+ of people anyway... the haltech plugin is just an expensive "ease of tuning" option, realistically.

I agree, but I still want one 🤣

It has so. many. features. And I'm a sucker for features

Is there any way to fit a wb02 sensor to the stock ECU and use it in PCMTec?

Also, got my resposne from Haltech, and its quite sad 😞 

Damn components shortage has struck another victim.

"Unfortunately the Barra plug in is currently out of stock and we have no current ETA due to a worldwide shortage of an electronic component used on these ECU's. Some of our Dealers may have stock on their shelves which you would be able to purchase, however we are not able to produce anymore to sell at this current time.  Please let me know if you have any questions "

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d
10 minutes ago, biddie_fiddler said:

Is there any way to fit a wb02 sensor to the stock ECU and use it in PCMTec?

You can log afr with the rest of the pcm related stuff by using a dlp8 thingo. You can set up a map switch based off a voltage/rpm, so in theory you could get it to switch maps if it leaned out past a certain rpm. With an arduino I don't see why you couldn't set up fmem or map switching based of however many variables you want.

Pcmtec does antilag/launch control/momentary map switch for scramble boost etc via the cruise control button, map switching with steering wheel buttons, flex fuel and various other window switch type actions. You can do map sensor switching at a certain voltage so you can retain the drivability of the stock tmap and then run as much boost as you want. You have extra features to tune locked/massive cams so it will idle decently etc.

Anyhow there's a bit more info than you asked for ;)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

I've got @OZYWALKER's old FG cams from years ago... never got 'em installed in the last car and haven't really had much thought about putting them in this car... we'll see... probably worth doing with a re-tune which it needs anyway.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

pretty much... when I bought it the wastegate line was disconnected :shocked: knocked a thousand off the price due to the high boost it hit and how dangerous that would be on a BA motor at the time haha so just plumbed it back up and it hit 10ish PSI... also it's not a BA motor in it, somebody had previously popped a motor and put a post 06/06 motor, hence the different oil filter.