The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

yeah, so for "proper" control of low-ish boost to massive boost window you need a 4-port and external wastegate. Or a 3 port with great control but less of a window of control and even less control with an internal gate. Sounds reasonable to me.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

of course the same top/bottom sort of setup could exist in an internally gated scenario.. but it doesn't seem like it's too common haha

• Member For: 5y 4m 14d

Have you guys seen the internal wastegate set up that the borgwarner efr turbos have efr? They have awesome flow to the gate hole. 38mm hole and 42mm wg flapper door. Thinking about changing out the gt3582r for a efr 8474 t3.83 iwg 950hp capable turbo. Would need p steer reservoir relocation and a new 4 inch dump made up. Which I could make myself. They supposedly spool faster than gtx3582r. Look like a mean ball bearing turbo.

TurboDirect S.A on YouTube have some really good videos on them.

• Thanks 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

the problem with the borgies is the amount of custom fabrication you need to do to make 'em fit... nobody really does 'em unless they're spending bulk $$ at a specific tuner to get it sorted for them, like @Glouva1 back in the day at nizzy with the twin borgies.