The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 26d

We are getting a whole bunch of new offices built at work atm, the RND team is getting a massive new space. Today there's a bunch of tradies removing a set of stairs to the mezzanine floor and replacing them with a new set... Something to do with new gov regulations making the old set unsafe because the stairs themselves are stairs like this, apparently that is now deemed not safe because you see through the stairs? ❄❄❄

Anyway that's not what I was getting at, just had a heated discussion because apparently the tradies are "extremely unsafe" because they are not wearing hearing protection??????

I said that "my exhaust is louder than that grinder" and wearing hearing protection seems "a little silly" and was scorned for thinking so lol. Eeye protection I can understand, hearing protection though???

Also, HR has now deemed that we must wearing hearing and eye protection when using the drill press. Fantastic. Don't want to get deaf from drilling my little plastic enclosure! 

I grew up in Zimbabwe with African parents so maybe that's where this unsafe attitude has come from 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 11d
8 hours ago, biddie_fiddler said:

We are getting a whole bunch of new offices built at work atm, the RND team is getting a massive new space. Today there's a bunch of tradies removing a set of stairs to the mezzanine floor and replacing them with a new set... Something to do with new gov regulations making the old set unsafe because the stairs themselves are stairs like this, apparently that is now deemed not safe because you see through the stairs? ❄❄❄

Anyway that's not what I was getting at, just had a heated discussion because apparently the tradies are "extremely unsafe" because they are not wearing hearing protection??????

I said that "my exhaust is louder than that grinder" and wearing hearing protection seems "a little silly" and was scorned for thinking so lol. Eeye protection I can understand, hearing protection though???

Also, HR has now deemed that we must wearing hearing and eye protection when using the drill press. Fantastic. Don't want to get deaf from drilling my little plastic enclosure! 

I grew up in Zimbabwe with African parents so maybe that's where this unsafe attitude has come from 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

It’s a fine line.... grinding metal stairs all day, I can understand. Hearing damage is caused by reoccurring or lengthy exposure to the noise. 

But a drill press on plastic is whack... some activities are more dangerous when you can’t hear properly IMO and I’d rather risk the hearing damage than feel like I’m not aware of what’s around me and being able to use all senses. 

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 26d
14 hours ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

But a drill press on plastic is whack...

Tell me about it 🤦‍♂️

Oh forgot to mention the hearing and eye protection rule applies to the air compressor too 🤣🤣

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d

Someone designed the weirdest sauce ever... Chicken salt chip mayo... It ain't too bad.

In other news just sprayed the biggest white tip spider I've ever seen... Carnt was nearly as round as a 50c piece.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

gotta love the weird sauces... sometimes they're brilliant, most times they're horrible haha

smashed it, too?