The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 26d
We have our own immune system and it will cure apparently 99.5% of us, don't get it [mention=37246]Mrs Jeturbo[/mention]my opinion.
??? Between 4 and 25% (depending on age) of people require hospital treatment so to say that 99.5% of people recover in there own is a bit of a false.

To survive at that rate your relying on the same science and medicine to save you as the vaccine.

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 3d
25 minutes ago, gaz097 said:

I have yet to find a side effect that is not worse from the actual disease itself.
For eg. The risk of myocarditis has been proven to be higher from covid itself then the vaccine. Same with blood clots.

For yourself, are you in a hotspot, when do you plan on catching it? Traveling any time soon?

At some stage you will come in contact with it, but if you can delay it a few years and let other people be the guinea cops if the vaccine is worse then covid in your case then do it.

There is a significant list of reasons/links with exiting health issues I have which aren’t necessarily straight forward.
the first and major one being there is minimal data on people with rare autoimmune diseases and the vaccines effect on already overactive immune diseases.... 

For example... just one of the factors (the easiest to elaborate on), I have the opposite issue to blood clots, I have immune-thrombocytopenia which means my body kills it platelets and I bleed like Freeeck. I bumped my knee on the table very lightly the other day... this was the result...

hxHCxe9.jpg

The ratio of people with the vaccine getting thrombocytopenia vs covid is similar in percentage... if a normal person has that reaction, they just suffer with this affliction either short term or long term, however if I have that reaction and it compounds my already rooted system, I could die of an aneurism due to the fact I have f-all platelets left (for example). So I guess my point is, yea covid would kill me if I had that reaction, but so would the vaccine... I can try to avoid covid and take my chances if I get it... or willingly inject myself with something that might kill me/cause a stroke etc etc. 

That’s not an easy decision lol. 
but yeah... pretty much what u said... wait to see how it reacts with everyone else longer term and I have more specific data

Edited by Mrs Jeturbo

• Member For: 5y 4m 12d

Iv heard from a close friend of  2 healthy people that have died 2 days after getting vaccine over here in NZ, and lots of other reports of deaths after taking vaccine, but mainstream media won't publiscise it, fake news.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 18d

If you don't want to get it, then don't get it. Your body, your life, you have every right to not get it.

There's opinions from both sides that are totally wrong, and ones that are right.

Sadly, there isn't a lot of medical studies on the vaccines yet. Downside of it being developed at an astoundingly quick rate.

While it IS true people have died AFTER taking the vaccine. No study has concluded that it was the VACCINE itself that caused the death. No company has said that their vaccine is completely safe. No vaccine has ever been completely safe.

Its impossible (with todays tech) to develop a vaccine that can cater for EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the world. We are all different and will also react differently to the vaccine.

Anyway, this vaccine debate isn't worth getting into on a car forum I don't think 😋

• Like 2

• Member For: 3y 1m 22d

Yea tbh I was sort of happy that the whole vaccine/no vaccine debate hasnt really kicked off on this forum... it's all we hear about these days.

There's strong reasons for the vaccine as well as strong reasons to be against it... it should all be down to personal choice 

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 25d

Yes, but the more people who can get it, the lower community transmission will be and then people in like Fluff can be safer if they choose not to get it or can't get it. So there is a bigger picture here beyond individual preferences and risks.

• Like 4

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 3d

Playing devils advocate, generally you’re correct that’s the aim of having a high level of vaccine rate, however this vaccine has not proven as yet to stop or significantly lower transmission of the virus.

So all these people in SA atm saying “don’t let the truckies in unless they’re vaccinated” make zero sense because they are still able to carry the virus almost as effectively as an unvaccinated person and therefore pose a very similar risk. 

I think this is hard, no one knows all the answers, and I think the main thing people are forgetting is other people’s freedom of choice as you guys touched on.  

and whilst I 100% appreciate the sentiment and logic behind your comments EL Andrew (and agree to an extent that I may end up benefiting from others who chose to vaccinate via herd immunity), I also do not believe it’s anyone else’s obligation to keep me safe and make a choice for their body based on it. I am hating seeing so many people guilt tripping people! Or to the other degree, antivaxers trying to say the vaccinated are dumb or sheep etc. 

I guess what I’m trying to say is I’m sick of people pushing their beliefs, pro or anti, on anyone. Everyone should respect others decisions.  (not that anyone here has done this, I’m referring to the general world climate and social media machine) 

So yeah basically agree with you all kind of 😂

haven’t seen BCB around, I know he’d weigh in on this heavily if he was 😂😂😂

• Like 1