The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

hope it gets sorted for ya sooner rather than later and at little expense (in either time or money)

morning all, happy Thursday :blush21:

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

Morning @k31th :) 

Yea same lol. The service at MT was $750 which was more than I was planning. But he did do a lot so I can't complain. He also bought my old tailshaft so that's a win.

A relatively serious problem has come back again though. If anyone recalls a post I put up in the "What did you do to your car today" thread. It was regarding an oil leak between the head and block. Rob is not happy with it, he believes its serious enough to warrant taking the head off to see why it could be leaking. He's hoping its just an age thing, but he said a leak from there is not very common even if it was age.

We're going to try and f*ck the warranty company before they f*ck me.... well they have already to be fair, plenty of times now, no lube or anything either.

Going to put a claim in and see if I can get it covered, because its not a common problem nor is it wear and tear. The leak was there before the tune too, btw. Before anyone says it was that xD

That being said, the tune probably didn't help lol. Luckily it hasn't ever gotten worse, but its still an issue.

Crossing my fingers that the warranty I got roped into to buying will actually pay for something. They've denied every claim I've put through so far 😭

Whether I pay for it or warranty pays for it, once it happens I'll be reconing the head, and getting some valve springs and head studs done. Be stupid not to while the head is off anyway. Cheers to going broke 🍻 🤣

• Member For: 3y 1m 4d

Seriously though the ACCC should do something about these third party warranty companies there warranties aren't worth the paper there written on trying to get a manufacturer to honour there warranty is hard enough..... 

Goodluck I hope you can get them to pay :) 

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

It might only be Thursday but if the kids are in bed then it's the perfect time to helicopter your way out of the shower. The missus will appreciate the effort ;)

• Haha 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d
On 28/07/2021 at 1:43 PM, biddie_fiddler said:

Got a video from Rob today...

superpro upper control arms ball joints are f*cked. I installed them myself July last year.

Travelled less than 30,000km since then...

Install process, following the workshop manual.

Removed old arm, installed new arm, added load via a trolley jack to get the arm into its "normal" state (as if it was was sitting with the wheel on, all weight from the vehicle). Tightened bolts to spec.

Got it aligned. Checked them about a week later.

Thoughts? Was this an install error? 🙃

Alex Sounds like you have done the installation as good as required mate so it’s not that at all, just a failure unfortunately but yeh I’ve used them plenty of times with great success and lasted ! 

Ol mate Rob is building me a pretty hectic ZF ( stage 4 / 800rwkw ) so he can’t be spending time working on your little issues 😂😂😂

I have been using the Whiteline black series complete arms too recently with what seems to be great success ( Borat ) so if you get no joy with warranty claims it could be a good option for you 

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m
7 hours ago, k31th said:

the unusual benefits of showering before bed instead of showering in the morning haha

One of the many joys of being a mechanic.

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y
1 hour ago, JETURBO said:

Ol mate Rob is building me a pretty hectic ZF ( stage 4 / 800rwkw ) so he can’t be spending time working on your little issues 😂😂😂

Well that's fkn rude 😂

Still waiting on a response from sparesbox, I don't think I'll be getting one this week 🙃

Need an alignment now, but no point till I replace the upper arms too. At least once I have, all the bushes in the front (bar the sway bar ones) will have been changed pretty much at the same time which is nice.

Just got the upper control arms for the rear to go and basically all bushes will be superpro on the rig, all changed within a year of each other.

Lotta people told me that doing this will increase the NVH a lot, as in very noticeable. I gotta say, the way everyone went on about the NVH increase, I was expecting a lot more stiffness and harshness. I only really notice it at really low speeds. Like in carparks. The Mrs hasn't complained so it can't be that bad lol.

Anyway, enough about my bushes. Its friday! I have a dentist appointment today for fillings 😥

Every time I go they keep mentioning that I need to get my wisdom teeth out, but I'm a total b*tch when it comes to the dentist so I don't wanna do it 😂

Edited by biddie_fiddler