The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

Morning :) 

Dropped the car off at MT this morning for a service and fitting all the bits and bobs I've bought over the last month or two.

Hoping to not have such a fkn clunky feeling car lol

Got an uber ride to work in a new subaru liberty, wish my car drove as smooth as that :unsure:

On another note, anyone follow FG Mods on Faceballs? 
Looks as though he's going to make some sort of rant about Kayhan audio as he's asking for people's experience with the company...

Feel a bit unsure of this, people have treated that company with such appalling manners that its no wonder their customer service has been sub par.

I guess I got a soft spot for them because I understand how complex of a task it is to research, design and manufacture the ICC replacements. They have the science down to a tee now though considering how many different vehicles they have done this for now.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Got a video from Rob today...

superpro upper control arms ball joints are f*cked. I installed them myself July last year.

Travelled less than 30,000km since then...

Install process, following the workshop manual.

Removed old arm, installed new arm, added load via a trolley jack to get the arm into its "normal" state (as if it was was sitting with the wheel on, all weight from the vehicle). Tightened bolts to spec.

Got it aligned. Checked them about a week later.

Thoughts? Was this an install error? 🙃

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Doesn't seem like too many ways to do that wrong. And you took the precautions to tighten it up at normal ride height, so you'd have to think it was a manufacturing issue?

Sucks because they aren't that cheap!

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Yep, no hammers, not forcing anything (especially the ball joint, been told to never use force with them). 

I've submitted a warranty claim through sparesbox where I got them from. 

Superpro has lifetime warranty but not on ball joints - for them its 6 years/60,000km. So I'm still well within this. 

They say to claim through the company you purchased them from first hence why I submitted one to sparesbox. Hoping I get some replacement parts 🤞 

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Hopefully!

Actually I was having a similar conversation with someone at work the other day - VW Australia were saying talk to the dealer, the dealer was saying talk to VW.

Under Australian Consumer Law, the consumer can choose whether to seek a remedy through either the seller or the manufacturer, and neither can tell them to go to the other

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Luckily I haven't the "fingers pointing at each other" situation... Yet.

Given Sparesbox's and Superpro's reputation however, I doubt it'll happen. 

Seems like Superpro's preference is to go through the seller's warranty first, but you can still go through them directly if you choose to.