The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Member For: 3y 1m 3d

Hey for those that remember me having a whinge about the Govt job I applied for many months ago finally got the letter of offer and I start at the end of August so from applying in February to starting end of August almost 7 month procedure....😂 but got there in the end... pretty keen to start 

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d
On 02/07/2021 at 4:33 PM, k31th said:

pretty standard for GOV jobs.

On 02/07/2021 at 4:40 PM, k31th said:

..the "hurry up and wait" sort of protocols for govt stuff.

yep... that's how it worked out for ya haha

morning all, happy Thursday :devil:

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

Interesting arvo yesterday, got a nice sinkhole in my parking bay in the apartment complex. :unsure:

Left for work yesterday morning and heard a thud as I was driving out the parking bay, I look back to see a brick on the ground had sunk a bit. Thought it was odd, but not surprising seeing as it had literally been raining nearly every day for the last 2ish weeks.

After work, went to pick up a mate and the mrs (and some booze of course). Had him around for dinner, he wanted to get out the house and hasn't seen our apartment yet. Anyway, not part of the story lol. 

I come back, reverse in to the bay, hear the thud again except this time I was expecting it. Open my door, the sunk brick is right outside the drivers side, look down and see an abyss, literally darkness were a brick used to be....

SbMSC1C.jpg

The sinkhole is perfectly round, and is under all the next surrounding bricks from the one that's fallen out. Fair to say c*nts f*cked. 

My guess is that this is where the soakwell for the rainwater seeing as there is a gutter downpipe directly in line with it.

I'll be parking in the guest bays for now until this gets fixed 🤣🤣

• Shocked 3

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

Why is it that when I'm free to leave the house any time I want I'd rather just stay in and play online, but the moment we're in lockdown I wanna go do something...

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d
16 hours ago, Panda Eyes said:

Lockdown, plus torrential rain. What else to do but do a full detail...

Damn, bowden's fan I see 😋

Love their bead machine, using it as a topper for the autoglym ceramic coating 👌 

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

yep I'm not a brand name snob, but everything they do is so damn good. Done the 3 way clay bar- there's now nothing on the paint whatsoever- feels as grippy as heck. Now to add the wax and finally protection. I wont ceramic this time, but plan to in 6 months (I do about 3000km a year). Thanks to my lad @sir_awesome_- he's the main one doing it.