The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2d

Pretty thankful for modern day crash structures. We had just stopped at a red light last night and got rear ended by a LandCruiser with a tandem axle trailer full of tools. Youngest was sitting in the third row with the dog. We got pushed about 6 metres forward.

Pretty confident the car is rooted but main thing is everyone walked away.

• Shocked 4

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 27d

Farrrrk sorry to hear mate! But yea you are totally right, car is replaceable, good to hear you're all okay :) 

Take it the land cruiser was fine? What was the driver doing?

$10 says they were on their phone

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2d

Not sure what he was doing - some sort of lapse in concentration I guess.

Is/was a Kluger. Am hoping it gets written off but will see. The mounting points for the main crash member in the rear are damaged and the door hinges up top aren't level. The rear quarter panel has weird spots of paint missing where is has obviously flexed and bounced back.

You can see how close the young fella was to the action by where the rear headrests is.
4efece457717ee644d9482cb6d2ba880.jpg

• Shocked 1

• Member For: 3y 1m 30d

Hey boys/girls,  after your opinions the neighbours kid 20 years old (really nice kid always coming around to hang out in the garage with me and my mates doin our car thing or wateva we are up to) bought his first car a fg xr6 with the 5 speed, thing is he thought it was a 6 speed ZF and the dealer advertised it this way... so he got in touch with dealer they admit it's there error, and have offered 1k refund but are saying that's the most/best they can do..... you guys think this is fair? Or should he be asking for more? ... dealer states that wholesale there only valued 1k difference between the 2 models thus there rationale for that being the compensation offered, when he said to them it's not enough I want to return the car for Full Refund they got real funny and said they have to speak to dealer principal etc what you guys think? 

I told him the cars nice low kays for age and really good nic I said push em for 2k and be happy considering he's the type hel have it a year and then when he gets full licence get something with power.... but then again id assume it'l be a lot harder for him to sell a French toast 5 speed over a ZF when the time Comes To move it on 

Edited by TRYME