• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 23d

Yeh he’s only been at it a little while with little coin input ..... 🙃

Stoked to see it go so far finally after all those years and build styles 

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 26d

If I understand correctly, this motor hasn't had a whole lot of bits thrown at it. I watched this video a couple days ago. Anyone know what rods and pistons were used, don't recall them mentioning them in the video?
Can't be stock - not at this level surely. 

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 23d

Something the video implies is that this is a one off built vehicle where a bunch of stock parts are just living the dream whereas in-fact this vehicle has been extensively built a few times through different companies each delivering great results but yeh the goal posts keep moving with each hurdle jumped. 

The details of which would be very closely kept and rightly so but for instance that TH400 is roughly $30,000 alone. That Emtron ECU and PDA with Motech dash will cripple most punters so the piston & rod combo I assume would be of custom spec and of very high quality 

Its all “How fast can your wallet go” but still a massive achievement to retain so many factory parts 

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 26d

Bit of a shame that the guy keeps pushing the point that "not lots of money needs to be spent...". This is extremely subjective. 30k trans for me would be an impossible feat, a dream. Especially now. Who knows, maybe in the future 30k will be chump change. 

Ah well, still a mint car and mad props to the people who were behind the build. They've done an awesome job!

• Member For: 3y 1m 29d

Great car but biiig money into it nothing there is cheap, but so interesting to see Itl make that power on factory crank, makes

me wonder how many people have paid 20k plus for an engine when much more basic engine builds will do the job.......

@JETURBO how much are we talking for the emtron ecu pda and motec dash 7-8k is my rough calculation? 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 25d

Nearly stock head, stock block, stock main caps, stock crank, stock valves and a couple of other little bits are the supposed stock parts. There is no reason why any of this can't be stock except I do wonder about them spinning a stock crank to 8200 or whatever, that they showed in the datalog.

:ielh:  one way to find out hey?!?!