The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

Saw something odd on Instagram today. Follow a bloke with the handle @_w8andc_, his plates on his rig being "w8andc. He's from QLD.

Posted up two stories about a blown pulsar turbo that had less than 3k km on it apparently. Bagged the turbos for being sh*t with little info on what happened. They stories have been deleted now too... 🤔🤔

First time I've heard of the pulsar turbo crapping out. Was keen to get other info on the setup. Either way, not a good sign for the pulsar train. But still, for under $1000 you can replace that bad boy nearly 3 times before it's the same price as a Garrett 🤣

• Shocked 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

EDIT:
I meant turbine, not housing lol

Actually, it was pulled apart and full of oil. There was some seal behind the exhaust turbine that was all floppy. I'm a noob when it comes to turbo design, but it didn't seem to have been an oil starvation issue. I wish I could share the video here! 😋

Definitely going to keep an eye out on the FB groups to see if any posts about this comes up!

Been deeply considering getting of these cheap turbos, they ain't a garrett but they a third of the price. Its hard not to want to get one 😂

Edited by biddie_fiddler