The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

So I logged a bunch of stuff on my way to and from getting my rocker cover from a bloke an hour way (got some -10an fittings welded onto it!).

Was from about 6 to 8.30. split into two drives. It was a relatively hot day yesterday. I graphed the two trips RPM, IAT and Boost to see if there is any correlation. 

At colder IATs there is definitely less boost at less IATs than at higher IATs, its a difference of about 2psi though. 

Here's the crappy graphs for anyone interested.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OiCGbBCZWcqsIwPeCCqcFFDrju45ydiR/view?usp=sharing

Not sure if this is still normal or not... Or am I making it sound worse than it is xD

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Data doesn’t lie ..... 

Unfortunately your tune needs more work to be consistent. Sometimes these things can slip and go through to the keeper. Rob is a Genuine good bloke with an amazing tuning reputation. Definitely don’t hold it against him especially if he was crazy busy, not an excuse I know but we’ve all been there or similar situations in life with one thing or another. 

“IF” he changed all his target boost increments to the same for all IAT’s he would nearly be there ;) 

Juss sayn 

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Morning @k31th!

I get to spend the day rearranging my office, new guy coming in. Back to sharing! 😥

Having an office built for 2 and being just me has been fun while it lasted 😂

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

I also logged my drive to work this morning. Got the car nice and warm, and IATs were hovering in the 20-25C area so I figured it'd be a great opportunity to give it the beans and log the boost.

Max boost was around 12psi this morning. Far off the 16psi on a 45-40C IAT day 🤷‍♂️

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1clpy2luEb7oOyPBCIzAQVFgua3YHrZ5A/view?usp=sharing

Edited by biddie_fiddler

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Howdy Keith

Crappy job for me tomorrow - Kluger fuel trims have gone nuts again, with same lean codes on both banks. The fix last time was a new fuel filter (in tank) so I assume whatever schmutz blocked it last time is still floating around in there.

So looks like exhaust, tailshaft and middle seat row out, so I can drop the tank and clean it. Will give it an oil change and some front pads while I'm feeling generous.

• Shocked 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

not that job again :shocked:  (I seem to remember you doing that job a while back and hating it)

Sounds like a fun time spinning spanners, though, which is always a good way to spend an afternoon :)