The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 20d

Well I contacted rob and he said its normal.

I'm not 100% sold on it. The difference in a pull at 16psi compared to 10-12 is really noticeable. Did one on the way home from uni yesterday arvo with IATs around 38C, 16psi and pulled like a dream.

Did one this morning on the way to work with IATs around 28C, hit 12psi. Still pulled pretty good but judging by the butt dyno it didn't feel no where near as hard. 

Car was tuned when the ambient temps were 27C so IATs would have been around the 28-30c area. It seems that anything below that the boost just dies off. Kinda sucks cause when its peaking at 8psi it feels like it did when it was stock 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

As I mentioned it’s “Common” for big workshops to take this approach as you can knock out a tune in like 4 pulls and send the vehicle out the door 

“Global” changes are fast,easy,pretty reliable for what the desired result will be. 

This isn’t how I do it and I want to maintain that target boost all the time every time unless we start to get super cold or IAT’s/MCT beyond what the hardware package can deal with. Yes this takes more time to complete ;) 

On an ambient temperature day of say 27* MCT on a Dyno will be around 38-45* and thus usually the area that gets tuned - “IF” you were to look at your tune you would see 16 psi in this area of the target boost map for closed loop boost control, heavy drop offs under this area which you’re experiencing 

Not exactly great as cooler intake temps “Should” allow for a better power production atmosphere and should be utilised in the tune as such 

• Member For: 6y 11m 17d

It's lazy AF but there happy to take your cash though. My tuner treats every car like it's the only car in the world. Sounds like jet has this attitude as well.

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 20d

Yea, but this is Rob we're talking about. Its not like its just "one of them" shops. Monsta Torque has an extremely high reputation in Perth and is regarded as "the best of the best" when it comes to barra's in WA.

He had a lot of cars to tune in that week mine got done. He was stuck in 2 week iso after seeing his family over east and came back to find out the floors in his new shop weren't done / not done properly. So his plan to move shops has been severely pushed back, he is a very busy man and I feel bad if I go bug him about this tune 😕

Might get the forscan running on my crappy laptop again and log some data, get some basic data and see whats going on.