The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Just an FYI to everybody, I've upgraded the forum overnight and if there's layout issues, don't worry about them as I'm yet to fix them and will do it tomorrow during the day progressively. If something doesn't work, let me know.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

So yerp, put 20 litres of 98 into the r31, aired up the tyres and let it warm up for a bit. After the fuel had mixed through it actually ran quite well, considering it hadn't started for a number of years. No leaks either which is always a bonus.

I went to drive it and the stuck rear brake/handbrake let go with a loud bang so that fixed that problem ;)

There is pretty much nothing left of the radius arm bushes and the rear control arm bushes so it kinda steers and stops a bit funny, but good enough for a punt around the back yard.

Now I know this ain't no frigging skyrine forum so back to the barra...I got the extended license for Forscan today and had a look through the Territory stuff. Nothing much exciting really but saved the as built files so I can have a play with it one day or another.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

can the extended forscan license disable check engine lights for a system that isn't being used anymore on your car?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I dunno man but I don't think so but I'll double check for you.

You could always pay a tuna to have them switched off in the tune. That would only be a couple of hundred dollars or so.

Here's a useful document about Forscan.

Here is another

Edited by Puffwagon
  • Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d
13 hours ago, k31th said:

Just an FYI to everybody, I've upgraded the forum overnight and if there's layout issues, don't worry about them as I'm yet to fix them and will do it tomorrow during the day progressively. If something doesn't work, let me know.

Why, Why dude 

Just leave it as it is, I’m not the biggest IT/Coder Genius but frick me in the bung hole just let it be as is unless I’m missing something here ? 

• Haha 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

haha thanks for the advice... but you're just wrong there... I'm upgrading the forums because the owner wants it. Almost all of the minor issues are sorted. You're missing a lot about IT if you think leaving it as it is, is the only way to go to avoid issues... it doesn't.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

haha talk to the administrators over there and tell me it's compatible for everything the members want? absolutely no chance of that :)

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d
24 minutes ago, JETURBO said:

Why, Why dude

Just leave it as it is, I’m not the biggest IT/Coder Genius but frick me in the bung hole just let it be as is unless I’m missing something here ?

New year new forum! 😉😉

Seriously though, its good to have an up-to-date forum. Both for bugs and issues but also from an UI/UX point-of view.

I haven't made websites but I have and do design user interfaces for gas detectors. UX, or user experience, plays a stupidly huge role in interfaces. When you boil it down that's all the forum is, an interface to communicate with other people. Having an interface that keeps up with modern day design trends tends (key word here) to keep people engaged more, meaning more engagement on the forum. With more engagement on the forum we get more people discussing things, helping others, etc. All-in-all a good thing.

"old" looking forums also usually run on older website builds which lack features and usually have more bugs.

@k31th the layout is pretty f#$ky atm though xD 

I do like the new look though! follows similar styles to modern smartphone interfaces which is groovy!

• Like 1