The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

Trying to install this fkn 255 pump and I can't get the fuel hose quick connect off 🤬🤬

The return came off no drama. Anyone have any tips for this before I throw in the towel 🤣

Followed this thread on how to do it, as mentioned it worked for the return line just not for the feed line 

Edit:

This is the thread I forgot to link 

Edited by biddie_fiddler

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

I strongly don’t suggest your average guy has a go at doing fuel pumps, Rob would charge you bugger all to do it and get it right ;) 

Its kind of like if the quick connect stops you then it was meant to be lol, Darwin at play here 

If you must and you really want to do it spray WD40/RP7/INOX into the quick connect fitting, remember to pull it in against itself first, then grip, then pul back to release. If it’s proper stuck pull it back to release it and use a terminal flat head screwdriver to run around the inside close to where the male end is on the swirl pot to help release the tabs out whilst keeping that pulled back pressure on it. 

• Like 1

• Member For: 6y 10m 28d

Just buy these, takes 2 seconds to get them off, never stress again. You can find them cheaper if you look around.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/tools-equipment/automotive-tools/engine-drivetrain/toledo-fuel-disconnect-tool-set-307002/p/A9503464?search=fuel line disconnect tool

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

DW guys I got it, turns out I just wasn't pulling hard enough 🤣

Different angle with better grip and it came right off!

Currently reassembling the pump assembly almost ready to fit back in the car 😄

And @JETURBO how else is one gonna learn how to install a pump 😉😋

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Edit, I was today years old when I found out what happens when you write "f#@$ked" in this forum. Bolded the text for extra pop 🤣

Roger, I thought that the clips you squeeze on the sides were I ❤️ Bananased, turns out they weren't. I just wasn't giving the line a good push in the opposite direction.

As the thread I linked earlier states, you squeeze the quick connect and push it towards the cradle at the same time then pull it the other direction. 
I'd do this but it wouldn't go back any more than a mil or so. Changed my angle of attack by literally getting a different grip on the connector and it came right off!

Had a beer to celebrate

Edited by biddie_fiddler

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Hope y'all celebrate what a messed up year we've had! Hopefully 2021 ends up being a better year 🤣

Also, a question about my 255 pump install. Been getting a few people tell me that I shouldn't have done it so soon and not to drive it at all till I get the tune in 3 weeks. Is it really that bad for the car to be driving it with a 255lph pump and no tune yet? XD