The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d

My son is not far off getting his license (P's) where looking around at some falcons. He's saved up a decent chunk of coins, around $6000. But I'm absolutely shocked at what some dealers are asking for BA -BF mk2 with 220 -270k on the clock. A couple or more years back they where selling from anywhere between $3500 to $8000.

Now most start at $6000 here in S.A.

Might have to give up on the old falcon idea and look at something else.

He doesn't have any real preference but does like driving my BA 05 rattler

( which he's learning in) so that's what he was leaning towards.

We're looking for a BF onwards.

Subaru liberty

Toyota Aurion SX6

Are a couple of other options

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

As much as people sh*t on them, subies make for awesome first cars! My first car was a Subaru Impreza. Learnt a lot from that rig. I miss it every now and again. The awd system is extremely forgiving which is great for inexperienced drivers 😊

easy to work on, fun to drive. Aftermarket parts are extremely popular! What more could you want really. Only downside I had from it was the expensive mechanics bill when the timing belt needed replacing. Other than that it was sound 👌

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

My mate bought a 6 cyl liberty spec b a few years back for a steal of a price, around the 8k mark if I’m not mistaken. One of my favourite sounding engines with a high flow cat exhaust system. Had less than 100k on the clock too. They have the 6 speed gearbox and sti center diff. It may not be turbo but it’s so much fun to drive and rip through the gears. Something about them flat 6’s that makes them so much fun. I’d definitely look at a manual if you can. My Impreza was a 4 speed auto 🤮

Just about to hit the hay but made the sudden decision to finally buy some new pads and polish compounds for the 21mm rupes random Orbital I have that I definitely didn't steal/long term borrow from a mate that works FIFO 🤣

Keen to hit the car with this and rid all the swirls that have slowly built up over the last 1.5 to 2 years since it's last proper detail. Just gotta buy autoglyms new nano coating so I can seal the deal once the polishing is done 👌

• Like 1

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d

Actually the one I found is a 05 with 155k's still looks clean as.

If he gets keen for one I will do more searching. For me I'd go a manual, my XR6 T is a T56 so was my BF Typhoon.

But my son is gonna go and auto for now till he learns how to drive a manual.

I know what ya mean about the boxer engine with a system. A B4 Liberty took off from the lights the other night sounded pretty good.

We'll keep searching for now, he'll find a nice first car eitherway.

Cheers for ya input fiddler.

Im outta here. :launch:

Edited by Box stock T.
  • Like 1