The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 7d

That sucks fluff

What's the actual feels like, joint pain, fatigue etc...any better than previous or about the same

Oh and congrats on anniversary btw

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 7d

Thanks camo. 

Basically my disease turns healthy tendons calcified then to bone, including in my spine and major joints through major inflammation caused by an auto immune response.

Its weird, some days I’m at the gym pumping it out feeling pretty okay (never great but somewhat normalish), then the next day I might not be able to move as inflammation consumes my joints, mainly my back and pelvis, which causes huge pain and stiffness, (80%of bone marrow in my pelvis is inflamed on my last MRI), then because my body works so hard attacking itself I have zero energy some days, like today, and can barely function. Plus like the strongest aching pain in my back and pelvis... like feels like I’ve broken something. It effects my eyes as well (they jump around due to inflamed eye tendons) and my other joints like feet, chest and ribs aswell as giving my crohns. 

The best thing to do is rest to let me body conserve energy and heal as with any auto immune disease, but at the same time I have to keep active to ensure I don’t literally fuse all my bones together and staying stagnant is what causes mass pain... so night times are a karnt for me, can’t lay down comfortably anymore without drugs basically, and if I’ve been sitting on a hard chair for more than an hour I’m farrked. I had to attend a Tec meeting the other day and two hours in I was in so much pain I ended up standing up for an hour like a rude asshole just to relieve it (luckily I had the energy that day). 

I have injections weekly to try and stop the progression, which stop my immune system from working, which makes me sick more often. 

Anyways sorry for the rant hahah. 

Hows everyone else going? 

Whats new... so quiet in here these days... at least I have Keith to reference what day it is though hahah. 

• Sad 3

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

going alright... smashing through a 6 week kettlebells plan that was available for me :) in week 4 and I keep smashing the weights and my body :showoff:

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 19d

Bloody hell Fluff

Your illness is bloody sh#t

I hope you can find a solution to alleviate all the pain

Congratulations on your anniversary to Jet

No doubt you will have a excellent celebration

#inB4keefycoshesnowalazycarnt

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
1 hour ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

Seeing results? How are ya hands feeling?

yeah, good quality results since even starting KB's. Now it's just more DOM's and more activation of little muscle groups here and there that just are hard to get to without doing the more complex KB stuff. I <3 it.

hands take a beating but that's part and parcel of weights.

morning all, happy Thursday :)

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 7d
1 hour ago, k31th said:

yeah, good quality results since even starting KB's. Now it's just more DOM's and more activation of little muscle groups here and there that just are hard to get to without doing the more complex KB stuff. I ❤️ it.

hands take a beating but that's part and parcel of weights.

morning all, happy Thursday :)

that's what always lets me down... my muscles are strong enough but my hand skin and muscles are weak so I fail sooner than my arm and core muscles would if I had stronger tougher hands. #girlyhands 

thanks @bloodycrashboy

we didn’t do anything last night as I wasn’t well, but it J@ is lucky I might take him out for a steak dinner tonight lol. 

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
27 minutes ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

that's what always lets me down... my muscles are strong enough but my hand skin and muscles are weak so I fail sooner than my arm and core muscles would if I had stronger tougher hands. #girlyhands 

yeah... you can work on this but it takes a long time to build the callouses up in the pressure areas :) worth it, though.