The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d
32 minutes ago, k31th said:

modern medical equipment in a modern hospital...

A couple of mates parents made bank selling off (or importing, can't remember which) out of date medical equipment to/from 3rd world countries

17 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

Could be a novel way of getting a prince albert :declare:

There's a warning and the attendants remind you - remove all piercings before the procedure

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d
On 04/06/2019 at 12:15 PM, .Stripes. said:

Morning all. Managed to do something to my shoulder/back...it hurts when I sneeze or breathe in deeply...so I booked an hours deep tissue massage to start 45mins from now...better be good...

pinched nerve in the rotator cuff?

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Nah, definitely muscular - think my home office chair is the cause, was sat in it a lot over the weekend and it locked up when I stood up Sunday evening. Seems to be finally starting to feel ever so slightly better...so the heat pack and rest appear to be helping.

• Member For: 11y
18 hours ago, JETURBO said:

Nar but I did turn this on ...... no \!/ will know what is is ;)

5cf8aae84c2ac12578.jpg

This....is just so awesome, I want to fit it to an old beater and drive it around the streets making woop woop woosh noises.

Radiation, $4M price tag and 20T weight are just side issues.

• Member For: 11y
15 hours ago, Ezy2Confuze said:

So as I've been staying at dad's during the week & going to my place on weekends, I've noticed - especially when I've missed a weekend due to working the weekend too - the battery is so low that sometimes it takes a while to turnover before starting.

So I found this group of posts recommending battery chargers and I have a few question.

As my battery is in the boot, is there a charger I can plug in, that I can close the boot and set the car alarm etc or are the cables too thick for the boot to close?

Or would this be dangerous due to build up of gasses seeping into the cabin from he boot? If that is a thing.

This will only be for the car, any recommendations out of these ones? https://www.projecta.com.au/chargenmaintain-features

I'd go the heaviest current rated charger you can afford (not the 24v or 6v versions, you don't need that). A battery will only take as much current as the charger can supply - as long as the charger is limited to under 15v. Or even 14.5 to be safe. You could plug in a 1000a charger if such a beast exists, as long as it was regulated to keep the voltage stable and safe.

Remember too if you already have a parasitic drain that's running your battery down, say from a car alarm, stereo etc, a 1.6a charger will barely have enough left over to charge your battery.

That said, you do need to be careful charging any lead acid battery in an enclosed environment. They will discharge hydrogen gas if charge voltage goes too high. Optima themselves mention 15v as the limit - after that their batteries will discharge hydrogen gas.

In a boot, a battery that's been fast charged or over charged = boom. I'd at the very least be leaving the boot open. (maybe install a bypass switch for the boot sensor?)

• Like 1