The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 25d

OT: Important question on meat pies

Does anyone shove the sauce bottle nozzle inside the top of the pie to force the sauce in or do you only cover the top?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d
14 minutes ago, Rab said:

Does anyone shove the sauce bottle nozzle inside the top of the pie to force the sauce in or do you only cover the top?

There is only one correct way to sauce a pie. :buba:

Holding the pie horizontally, you first you put a single 2.5cm line of sauce along the perimeter of the pie where you are going to bite first.

Then you orient the pie vertically and completely cover the part that you just bit, as well as the side pastry where your next bite will be. This generally involves only 2 or 3 lines of sauce at the start but as you progress you will end up using 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauce of sauce per layer of pie eaten. I aim for 1:3 sauce to pie ratio give or take.

Halfway through the pie you will need to turn it 180 degrees so the bottom of the pie is facing away from you. This will prevent the top and bottom pastry becoming uneven and upsetting the pastry:meat:sauce ratio and also spilling the pie filling onto your right thumb.

Effectively this gives you 100% sauce coverage for every bite of pie you consume.

The same method can be used with sausage rolls. Sauce the hell out of it, take a bite, repeat.

Side note, I bought a pie at the servo the other week and the sauce bottle had been stabbed into various pies etc and clearly had not been washed for days, if not weeks. I still used it cos I'm not a farken sauceless heathen and the guy clearly misunderstood me when I mentioned how lovely it was.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 25d
27 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

the sauce bottle had been stabbed into various pies etc and clearly had not been washed for days, if not weeks.

That's what prompted me to ask.

My method is similar to yours when I have one of the foldy sauce packets (or 2)

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d
1 hour ago, Rab said:

God I miss being able to eat food - all I've had in the last 48hrs is 2 slices of dry toast this morning...

But in answer to your question - similar method to @Puffwagon, bit of sauce on top where I'm about to bite then rotate and squirt sauce into the pie with each bite.

In other news, been doing a lot of reading and pondering about the whole bike thing... walked outside this morning and it was pretty bloody cold! Reckon I could easily find myself trying to talk myself out of riding in winter when it's cold and raining. So thinking maybe gym near work wasn't such a bad idea after all - would just need to commit to it.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d
14 minutes ago, Rab said:

My method is similar to yours when I have one of the foldy sauce packets (or 2)

1 minute ago, .Stripes. said:

But in answer to your question - similar method to @Puffwagon, bit of sauce on top where I'm about to bite then rotate and squirt sauce into the pie with each bite.

Haha good to see I'm not alone with my pie saucing techniques :roflmbo: