The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

@.Stripes. What holds more priority here? Going to a gym or getting fit? You can get fit without going to a gym, however a gym has more features available than just getting fit.

I think Rab nailed it anyhow.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 14d
6 hours ago, k31th said:

What perks are with each gym?

Well, the one near work means I can leave earlier for work - so traffic will be much lighter and I'll definitely get a preferred parking spot. Plus I can make coffee at home and drink it in the car on the way to the gym - which gives me a little more time to wake up and be less stiff before I get to the gym compared to the one near home. However, the downside is that their closest gym to my house is 10+mins drive away instead of 6.

The gym that's closer to home is a standalone (ie not a club), I've been there before and doesn't tend to get many poser gym junkie types there.

6 hours ago, Rab said:

Take a week/month trial at one, then a trial at the other.

Join the one you feel more comfy at or more likely to fit into your schedule.

Both will be able to fit into my schedule, I guess it's more about how I want that schedule to look...

5 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

@.Stripes. What holds more priority here? Going to a gym or getting fit? You can get fit without going to a gym, however a gym has more features available than just getting fit.

I think Rab nailed it anyhow.

Kinda both. Appreciate there's other ways to get fit, but if I decide to go running and then it rains all week that's less than ideal. Where as I can go to the gym, lift some heavy things and then do a few kms on the treadmill if the weather is terrible. I think it's mostly about actually setting a routine that includes exercise, as I haven't really done that regularly and definitely not since working in the city.

• Like 2

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

Agree.... can get fit at home... don’t. 

Coz it’s easier to sit and do fhuuuk all at home where as if I’m at the gym I’ll do sh*t 

but it to be fair that means I have to actually go to the gym bahaha

Edited by HRM Fluff of Cornwall

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Running sucks ballz in more ways than one. Don't run unless you are training for a sport that needs running. Walking is just as good for fitness.

I reckon if you're set on gyming, get a spot near home so you can head there on the weekend.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 14d

My only concern with that, though, is I'll essentially already be going from zero gym sessions per week to aiming for 3, so don't wanna try and over commit and end up back at zero.

Edit: would also like to increase fitness to get back into playing squash. But do agree that running sucks balls.

Edited by .Stripes.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah running sucks. If you're worried that you can't commit then make a home session plan and stick to that, to progress from there.

You only need to do push ups, sit ups/crunches, pull ups and bw squats/lunges. Walk for 30 minutes a day.