The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d
2 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

You would need to train differently and eat differently for a couple of years consistently to get there and that's the hard part for so many reasons. It's not worth it if you don't actually want to.

indeed... this.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 14d

the quickest gains are made in the first 6 - 12 months, after that is where it becomes much harder to maintain and increase

33 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

Bro that is some bullsh*t if I ever heard it. Talk about stupid things to say lol. Most guys that have never been big can't comprehend that you can sit down and eat 1500 calories in one meal if you want to. Apart from alcohol I'm only at about 2500 calories a day from food.

I have no issues with big meals...infact I eat 750cal a meal upto 6 times a day to maintain my weight, again wasn't my point

They teach this in cert 3 fitness at tafe and it's not news to me.

Dude I went from 100kg at 11% to 105kg at about 15% body fat to the same weight at nearly 30% body fat in the space of nearly 15 months

yet you proved my point perfectly 😂

Drugs if you're lazy. I did it with no drugs apart from caffeine and creatine. Iirc I was only on 3500 per day or so.

that would be about right, and obviously I was joking, but in saying that roids are not a miracle cure for the gym, still takes hard work and diet, but gives you the ability to train more often and harder, with better recovery etc etc. I get it and why people do it but wouldn't do it myself or recommend it

Currently 47 and 1% humidity.

at least its not 80% humidity, that'd be farked. one thing about nsw. its always humid as sh*te. dry heat ftw

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 4d

Was hovering on 70kg til I hit 30, got divorced, moved to the CBD and hit the pub every night.

Have some faith in yourself Keith - it is possible if you put your mind to it

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m
Just now, MBAF said:

yet you proved my point perfectly 😂

Lol ya turkey, this ain't about winning a point. I was showing that I have first hand experience. I'm sure we agree on most things, especially if you have some qualification in the field of fitness or diet/nutrition.

I still ain't swapping my meals though. If I wanna go through the hassle of changing my diet I'd rather go all out and fix it properly.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d
4 minutes ago, MBAF said:

the quickest gains are made in the first 6 - 12 months, after that is where it becomes much harder to maintain and increase 

fair dinkum newbie gains :) 100% agree here.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m
9 minutes ago, MBAF said:

I eat 750cal a meal upto 6 times a day to maintain my weight,

Ay if you're on 4000 calories a day and aren't a big fat fark then why didn't you ever post in the weight lifting thread?

3 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

Lol ya turkey, this ain't about winning a point. I was showing that I have first hand experience. I'm sure we agree on most things, especially if you have some qualification in the field of fitness or diet/nutrition.

I still ain't swapping my meals though. If I wanna go through the hassle of changing my diet I'd rather go all out and fix it properly. 

wasn't trying to win, but you were disagreeing then proved that what I was saying had merit lol and I didn't say stop I just said you were better off fueling the body in the AM rather than the PM as youll store less fat given you are being a lazy carnt :P :P 

and 100% I got the qualification for myself given my previous role, the fact I used it to make money on side was also a good thing not that I do any more. I still have my wholesale supplier for supplements however, but my drive to train and deal with people was zero so closed it down

2 minutes ago, k31th said:

fair dinkum newbie gains :) 100% agree here.

stop for 12 months then start as a newbie again 😂

you know that was sarcasm right?? :stupid:

7 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

Ay if you're on 4000 calories a day and aren't a big fat fark then why didn't you ever post in the weight lifting thread?

im starting to get into a big fat carnt because I no longer burn massive amounts of energy like I used to, looking after 7 people and 200mil of equipment, but saying that I still have a massively high metabolism so I can get away with it at current and I don't like to sit at home all day so im fairly active even if its not lifting.

im sure I did post some stuff in there ages ago