The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 25d

one of the best things ive read on the internet

"So let me just conclude here by stating the obvious," Lieu responded. "If you want positive search results, do positive things. If you don't want negative search results, don't do negative things."

"And to some of my colleagues across the aisle, if you're getting bad press articles and bad search results, don't blame Google or Facebook or Twitter — consider blaming yourself," he added.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 9d
23 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Woo lad! I just got approval for 17.1kw of solar and 2 inverters! Brb building a fark off shed from hell and putting another 6.5kw up there.

Sounds expensive...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 24d

Cos I've got 3 phase the solar place just got more approved in case I want more later. I'm only getting 10.5kw at this stage with one inverter.

The roofer reckons we're the first job into the new year, so that should be done before the end of January and then the solar can go on immediately after.

But yes, it is expensive.

Fair enough - nice to have the options! Solar is pretty great. You'd think it'd make you feel less guilty about having the aircon on, but now that I can monitor my usage I find I'm more inclined to open up windows and doors in the evening to cool the house down if there's a breeze, as I can see just how much power it's using with the aircon on. I'll run it like a champ during the day, though!

In other news, so glad both Bali trips are over - already expressed my desire to visit other places in future (without directly saying I think Bali is a sh!thole). Now just need to get through Christimas, then the friend who's been staying with the missus for 3 months goes home and hopefully life should settle down a little bit.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah I try to be frugal, not because I feel guilty but just because I don't like being wasteful.

So where ya going next? How about Antarctica? Not many people could say they went there for a holiday.

Actually going to Margaret River this weekend to show her friend around. Doing a 'Sip & Cycle' wine tour on Saturday - riding a pushbike to each wine tasting, so that should be fun.

Other than that, not sure. Doing Tassy next Christmas I think? But I'm honestly not going to have the money to do any big trips anytime soon. Leaving my old job left me having to pay them back for a semester of uni, plus find the money for the remaining two semesters of the course before the end of this financial year...that combined with Christmas and I do still have a few grand to pay back from the original renovations I did to my house when I bought it that I balance transferred :ermm: So the money I spent on solar could have really helped out otherwise currently, come to think of it...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Can you get a help loan for uni? Even if it doesn't pay for last semester but pays for the rest of the course, it'd help out, no pun intended.

Yeah, I paid my fees on HECS...but I want to be able to claim them on my tax return (since it's directly related to my job)...so it's much simpler if I pay it before EOFY - plus I then don't have to pay indexing (CPI) on the HECS loan.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

The cpi will be next to nothing but I can see why you'd want to get it paid for earlier. Well mate, I'm sure you have it under control.

1 hour ago, .Stripes. said:

Sip & Cycle

In my early 20's I used to ride everywhere around Adelaide and was super fit from it. One time I got hella goonerated with some mates and rode my pushy (a road bike) like a freakin maniac through traffic, pulling wheelies and endos where ever I could. Heh fun times.