The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Member For: 14y 5m 13d

A quick question,

The cars about to hit 130,000 and I'm going to replace the coils and plugs, now I believe they haven't used ignition leads since 2000 or so, so is there anything else I should change?

I've been off most of the last two weeks getting kidney stones blasted, which has given me some time to order various bits and pieces I've been meaning to sort out for ages and swapping the coils and spark plugs is one of those things.

• Like 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

assuming you've done the transmission cooler for it? @Ezy2Confuze

Finally wrecked the front cv's in the hilux. not sure if water crossing or high pressure washing has done it as there isnt any damage on the boots but ones leaked grease everywhere and they both dont sound happy. wonder what im up for $$$ wise.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

it'd be nice if they broke suddenly in typical hilux style as I was giving it a right thrashing through mud.

happy sunday indeed, woke up and realised no work tomorrow!!!, what you upto today keithy?

• Member For: 14y 5m 13d
On 9/23/2018 at 9:10 AM, skidxr6t said:

assuming you've done the transmission cooler for it? @Ezy2Confuze

Finally wrecked the front cv's in the hilux. not sure if water crossing or high pressure washing has done it as there isnt any damage on the boots but ones leaked grease everywhere and they both dont sound happy. wonder what im up for $$$ wise.

Yeah that's the first thing I ever did, had a PWR unit fitted, ZF service and radiator flush all done through Monsta Torque.

Picked up a 3,000KG low profile jack and 4x 3,000KG stands through SuperCheap on their 20% off deal over the weekend, which will help big time with some of the stuff I want to do, such as checking the exhaust, diff oil change etc.

Now that I finally have my own place with a double shed, I can actually start doing stuff on the car.

Next thing is to buy some power tools and a brush for cleaning up the brake discs.

Ordered some NS400's and Matt from Race Brakes got back to me with pricing for braided brake lines, which I'll ordered this week if my rental bond money comes through.

I already have T2 and T3 discs, so with a flush and some decent dot4, I'm curious to see the difference the braided lines make.