The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

I do it online. I reckon if you've missed a few years then you've probably just gotten a few years worth of refund.

It wouldn't hurt to confirm it though.

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 14d

Did the return myself. Message was from ato and money is from the ato. I just put it to the side and see what happens. They processed the wifes in a week took 4 weeks for mine.

Na I do it each year. But just not sure if they taxed me right on 15k back pay. Maybe taxed to much. I'll wait for a email. If not spending time. Lol

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

If you got the 15k as a lump sum then you would have paid a lot of tax on it. If your income was under the tax free threshold for example then you'd get all of the money back at tax time.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d

Was trying to get my head around what the ATO website reckons about tax rates for lump sum payments, as I'll be getting paid out a bunch of annual and long service leave when I finish up here and was trying to figure out how much I should walk away with...my head hurts though and I gave up trying to follow it...

• Member For: 6y 1m 15d

So all up, what are we (the collective) thinking is the fastest way to launch one of these manual suckers on the street:

- baby turbo
- 280-300rwkw
- TC off
- find sweet spot with lots of practice

Or is the stock power level even better for launching??

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

mid 300's is good for launching with reasonably sticky street tyres on the street.

The manual is difficult, though... takes a bit of clutch slip to do it actually properly, so it's not wise to do it too often or you'll be up for a new clutch.

To the task at hand...
you need to control the revs to around 2,500rpm with the toes on one foot while it also holds the brake pressure with your heel and your clutch on the floor. Ease the clutch to just before the contact point, feel the pressure on the brakes to hold it there, ease off the brake and slip the clutch across the contact point and slowly ease in the throttle as you do that. Be read yto change to 2nd VERY soon after you get off the clutch and ease in the throttle. :)
experiment based on tyre condition, clutch condition and surface conditions to suit :3gears:

• Like 1

• Member For: 6y 1m 15d

Excellent advice, I like it a lot... Apart from burning through a clutch every fortnight ;) this is with TC off, correct??

And, so you're saying 1st gear is practically useless on the street (since it just produces smoke) - hence the short shift to 2nd?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

yes, of course TC off.

1st gear is only good for getting going, short shift it at about 4,500rpm to remain in the applicable torque range for 2nd and get hammering on from there :)

• Like 1