The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

I just had to help a bloke/workshop in NSW who’s “apparently” got the runs on the board with the fastest GTS bomadore and some wizardry in-ter-chilling Technologys....... ( yes I’ve done that on purpose lol ) who would pick it up in a few hours as he’s a “Gun tuner” 

well this poor bloke now has an Eboost 2 on his FGX set to one point as his tuner thinks it would take to long to tune the falcon boost tables .... and apparently ID injectors aren’t suited to the falcon and will blow black smoke :ermm:

Yeh it’s not rocket science but it definitely isn’t simple like some think 

for the record that tuner spent nearly 4 days on that FGX and it’s still terrible as his listening skills go as well as his tuning skills unfortunately 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
20 minutes ago, JETURBO said:

his tuner doesn't know how to tune the falcon boost tables

FTFY.

The falcon boost control is good cos you can lower the boost when the iat's get too high which in turn keeps the motor cooler as it is less likely to pull timing.

It's easy when you know how but the knowing how is the hard part.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Yeh look I don’t want to bash anyone but it’s just not as simple as some think, bit like any platform, I’m no good at many different tuning softwares but I’m the first to let someone know I can’t instead of arrogantly saying I can do it all 

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

If anyone hasn't used a platform before they shouldn't be offering paid tunes and should be referring their customer on to an experienced shop. I can't imagine anyone would want their pride and joy turned into a free training tool for a workshop.

Of course there are places that will just take peoples money regardless cos the customer doesn't know any better until their car runs like a bag of sh*t.

My avatar was designed with these people in mind.

• Like 1