The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 4d
5 minutes ago, Ezy2Confuze said:

Is that the $120K Aus mid-engine supercar killer?

Probably a bit more $$$

https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/1708/chevrolet-corvette-badge-cleared-for-australia-with-strings-attached

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d
11 minutes ago, Ezy2Confuze said:

I've only seen the one video so far...

Here's a thing that John Bowe summed up perfectly on FB:

"I'm not a spokesperson for Ford, but I do understand the business well enough to answer/respond to the question.
So here goes.
Firstly, testing is not mandatory. In fact, the researchers among you might like to compile a list of cars that have NOT been tested. You'll be surprised! Expensive Euro sports cars would dominate the list. But does that mean they're not safe?? No, not in the slightest. Generally, the more expensive the vehicle, the less likely they are to be tested.
Getting back to the Mustang test, with the new testing regulations introduced only recently, there are 4 categories that are somewhat skewed towards family passenger/SUV cars.
One of the categories is Driver Safety Assist. This is where the Mustang scored a 2 rating.
In the other 3 categories Mustang scored up to 5 (out of 5). So you see, it's dangerous to look at part of the result in isolation (or believe the news headlines only). You need to know the whole story.
The Mustang does not have Lane Departure Warning, nor Auto Emergency Braking, two of the components on the checklist in the 'Safety Assist' category. Hence the rating of 2 stars for Active Safety Assist.
The 2 star result in this category determined the overall rating. The Ford Mustang is the first car of its type (that is, it’s the first sports car) to be tested to the new regulations. There are plenty of expensive sports cars coming out of Europe that also don’t have features like Auto Emergency Braking and Lane Departure Warning.
I've read balanced reports and also read some very unbalanced/biased reports, plus I've driven quite a lot of Mustangs since their release, and was even at Sandown just last Saturday with over 30 Mustang owners.
After all of that there is no question in my mind whether the Mustang drives, stops and handles really well.
Would I buy one based on what we all know? I most certainly would!
If you were planning to buy one, go for it. The feedback from owners I've met is that the Mustang is well beyond their expectations.
I hope that clears it up!
Cheers JB"
link for those interested -> https://www.facebook.com/johnboweracing/posts/1730144987011024

6 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

The 3yo daughter is flogging the 4yo son who is nearly twice her size.

Time to engage {()} mode. :crazypilot:

only when you're being deliberately antagonistic (whether that's for fun or payback), is when I have a concern, not solving problems haha

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

:roflmbo: Young kids don't need antagonising, they can be perfectly antagonistic on their own and frequently are.

As one of the people who calms them down when they have issues, I can assure you that there is enough work to do without creating more.

Although it is tempting to stir them up on your behalf, you would really need to be here to appreciate it ;)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

I was just clarifying my position on {()}'iness towards your offspring. What you're doing clearly doesn't entail being {()}'y :P

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

it's good that more people are getting involved in this, Frank... I was disappointed that only Luke and Brad were getting it done ;)

• Haha 1