The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Heh. It gets so dry here that both the front and back yards will be completely brown just a few months. 

I think a trip to bunnings for some poly pipe and sprinklers might be in order. 

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Morning all. Funny you mention retic...that's my task for Thursday/Friday this week. Running retic for the front lawn and all the garden beds, worst bit will be trying to run PVC under the driveway (liquid limestone, so can't just lift pavers unfortunately), the rest shouldn't hopefully be toooo bad. I'm looking forward to being able to finally make my garden nice and know it won't die.

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

I've just been looking at grey water stuff because about to start a bathroom reno that will include moving waste pipes under the house. Timber floor and a subfloor space, so simple stuff.

Thinking of all of the relatively clean water going down the drain, I'm thinking maybe a diverter valve that sends the water to a small box with a pump and float switch. When the box fills up, the pump switches on and puts the water into the back lawn.

Unfortunately we slope down from the back, otherwise I wouldn't even need a pump.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Tmi? Maybe?! Funny as hell? Hell yeah!!! Don't read this if you're easily grossed out.

The missus was getting a pimple on my back and I felt she was causing unnecessary suffering. I told her so and she didn't gaf so I said "I hope it gets you on your glasses". I was secretly hoping it would get her on her face but thought that was a bit rude to say so.

Nek minute it shot up her nostril and her upper lip!!!:pukeup:

Karma is a bitch muahahahaha

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Afternoon. So I found a guy locally who actually runs a business running sleeves under driveways etc. $275 for him to come out Wednesday evening and run a 50mm sleeve under my 6m driveway...definitely reckons that's worth being able to palm off such a carnty job! Hopefully he doesn't have too many dramas with it...

Also means my mate and I don't have to stuff around with it on Thursday and can just smash on with rest of the retic instal. Winning!

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I bought a couple of these today thinking it would be fun. Apparently it's the worst idea I've had for a while cos the kids flog each other upside the head and then cry about it.

XkdzIsi.jpg

• Like 2