The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Member For: 6y 5m 1d

Hello  guys I don't  wana disturb yours but I got a problem with my  fpv tornado ute 06 model 6speed auto turbo. ...now problem I've been having is it starts and runs smooth no faults  there but come up to light  to stop the drive gear feels like under load  and engine try to stop  but when I take it of drive and put in neutral have no issues. ..now been to 4 workshop  they one told me I need new gear otheres told me transmission I've  done transmission  also I notice bit of vibration through out the car.    Can someone please help me out?

.I don't  want to sell it.? need help

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d
4 hours ago, Freda said:

now problem I've been having is it starts and runs smooth no faults  there but come up to light  to stop the drive gear feels like under load

Always, or "randomly"?

I had a very similar fault that took ages to get to the bottom of because it was intermittent.

Occasionally, nothing repeatable it'd almost stall at the lights, next one would be fine.

Ended up being a fan that was out of whack - would only be an issue when the fan came on (which was not something that could be worked out trial and error) as it only came on when it met the random temps etc.

Took it to Ford (still under warranty) several times and they couldn't see any issue.

I think Mick at Pitlane worked it out finally when they ended up forcing the fan to actuate and repeat the issue.

• Like 1